Sticky Situation ; 끈적 거리는 상황

I fiddled anxiously with my fingers as Jungkook stood awkwardly beside me. Yerin, Chae, Mei, Jieun and Hayeon had gone shopping for snacks whilst waiting for Jungkook to arrive. I silently cursed at them over and over again in my mind for leaving me alone.

They just had to leave at the exact moment before he arrives, didn't they?!

Not being able to handle anymore of the awkward silence that hung around us, I finally turned towards him. 

"Hey, let's go upstairs and finish that project while we're waiting for them."

Jungkook did not say anything, just nodding shortly in response. For some reason this annoyed me, but I quickly brushed it off as I led him to the study room.

-

Half an hour later and they still hadn't arrived. I was getting more and more fidgety by the second and on top of that Jimin was spamming me. My phone was between me and Jungkook as we were working at the table, and I didn't want to reach over his arm just to get it.

Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding. Ding.

The sounds weren't easy to ignore. I gulped nervously at Jungkook glaring at the phone irritatedly, jaw clenching as he was most likely reading who it was from.

I quickly grabbed my phone and muted it after telling Jimin to shut up. I stood up and walked along the bookshelves, finger tracing over the books.

Honestly, I wasn't the type to read books often, but I didn't hate them. Books had always fascinated me, the way each story was different in its own way, but the thing that fascinated me was the real story and message hiding in between the lines.

I suddenly reached a science book that could help with the project. I slowly reached up for it, but of course...I was too short.

Damn me for being so short, I thought frustratedly. I kept reaching up though I knew it was pointless, as if to prove my height wrong.

...It's so hot in here, I thought frowning, I don't remember it being this hot before. 

However these thoughts were pushed away when my hand suddenly reached the book. I giggled, [Y/N] -one point, Universe - zero. I guess I am growing, slowly grinning as I turned around, I can finally tell Mei and Jieun to sh-

So severe was my shock when I turned around to see Jungkook, with his hand still on my waist after apparently helping me, that the only rational thing I had thought at the time to do was scream.

And scream I did...also knocking the both of us to the floor.

GREAT, was the only thing I thought as I now realized I was lying on top of him, are faces only centimeters apart. We were in too much of an awkward situation to get up, and I mentally cursed after feeling the blood rush to my cheeks.

"Well this is just amazing," I mumbled, unfortunately having no choice but to stare right back at his doe eyes, cursing myself again as we were now millimeters apart, and I could feel his hot breath mixing with mine. "Mhm," he suddenly mumbled back, a cute pink blush spreaing across his cheeks as he tried to fix his words, "I mean, um, no, uh, um, what are we going to do-" Despite the current situation I felt myself melting over his words, smiling over his cuteness that I unfortunately didn't realize our lips were now almost touching. No words were spoken, but the eye contact was so strong that I could almost tell what he was thinking. So close...

Suddenly I heard loud footsteps nearing the study room, and that was enough for me to quickly pull myself up and Jungkook too, before the door slammed open.

Not quick enough apparently, as we were still far too close not to mention blushing and flustered. At the door stood Chae giving me confused expressions, as I tried to communicate back with finger actions. Yerin however was smiling warmly, walked over and shook hands with him, then stood back.

"So you two are a couple now?! [Y/N]? You should've mentioned," she giggled.

I felt my eyes widen and looked to the side to see Jungkook doing the same. I quickly looked over at Chae, who was miming a chop across the neck. I gulped nervously.

"You know," Yerin smiled, tilting her head to the side as she watched us both, me now a blushing, anxious mess, "I always thought you two should be together. I really thought it was over when you left," she carried on, now looking at Jungkook, "but I knew [Y/N] liked you," she rambled on, laughing.

O h n o, I closed my eyes. Oh lord, what sticky situation have I got myself into now.

"It's only recently she stopped talking about you. You punk, you were probably trying to hide it from me because you were embarrassed."

 Stop. I could hear silence, but I could feel the stabbing pain and shock in the room, Yerin oblivious to it. I took a look at Jungkook to see him staring right at me, and I could see something breaking, behind those pretty hazel eyes.

And this was the last thing I saw before I closed my eyes.

A/N

Another chapter aha, i'm really trying to get on with it haha

October 2nd already! 2018 is going by so fast :,) Also awards ceremony period is coming up soon so I'm really hyped lmao

Hope all of you are having a wonderful day/night!