seoul ; 서울

𝙜𝙤𝙤𝙙𝙗𝙮𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚

                                                               𝙬𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙬𝙚 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙬 𝙖𝙩𝙩𝙖𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙙 𝙩𝙤             

                                                                           𝙡𝙚𝙩'𝙨 𝙢𝙤𝙫𝙚 𝙣𝙤𝙬

                                                                        𝙩𝙤 𝙖 𝙝𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙥𝙡𝙖𝙘𝙚 ❞

                                                                                          -

+ song ; seoul - rm

1 year later

I fiddled with my fingers nervously as the train started moving forwards. I was finally leaving Seoul.

A year earlier, I had made the decision to move away from my hometown to move to Seoul, where I could finally focus on my studies, without distractions. It came as a huge shock to everyone, but after a while of thinking I had decided it was the right decision. I was now much more successful in my Music studies, and definitely happy with what I had achieved. Being away from Busan and having some time off from everything that had happened there was a good idea. Although I had been terribly homesick and lonely without my roommates and best friends, I had got used to it after a while. I was also pretty bummed that I didn't get a proper chance to say goodbye to Yerin and Namjoon, but they had both promised they would visit soon.

I leaned my head against the cold window, the feeling satisfying against my warm forehead. I was really nervous about returning, there was no denying that. I didn't know what everyone's reactions would be, even though they had been begging me to come visit, this was a surprise visit. I was also dreading bumping into certain people.

I breathed in deeply and faced forward. There was only one other girl there, she looked only a few years older than me, and I must say, absolutely breathtaking. She was engrossed in a book and I hadn't really acknowledged her until now.

Suddenly, the train jolted to a start, knocking the book out of her hands and sending it flying towards my feet. I quickly bent down to retrieve the book and handed it to her, while she murmured a sorry and thank you.

She now closed the book. I stared at the title. 'Moving On : A Pyschological Guide'

Seeing me staring at the title, she grinned. "Interesting title right?"

I smiled lightly in response, "I guess."

She held out a hand. "Jung Wheein."

"Kim [Y/N]," I shook the hand.

"I bet I seem really weird, reading a book like that," Wheein smiled weakly.

I shook my head, "not at all. Seems really interesting actually, and I'm not one to judge."

Wheein tilted her head to the side. "Thanks for not judging then. I wish there were me people in the world like you."

I bowed my head slightly at the compliment. "Thank you."

"It might be silly and a waste of time, I really should just do what the book tells me to do, and move on. It's been way too long and I should really stop thinking about that person."

I bit my lip before answering, "I think I'm in a similar situation. I don't really know what happened to our friendship, but I know what I did for it didn't help at all. I left and ran away from the problem when I should have at least tried to fix things before taking a break. He changed so much and I didn't know what to do. I want to stop thinking about him but I can't." I stared down at my hands, feeling strangely better after saying all of that.

Wheein smiled gently, "I think you're a strong person. You'll find a way."

"Thankyou,

I think I'm coming to the realization that perhaps moving on straight away is not the right thing. I need to fix things, or at least get closure before making the journey to move on. What I did was immature and silly. It's my own fault that I can't stop thinkig about ti and feeling guilty. At least after talking to him I'll have a weight off my shoulders."

Her mouth was open in awe at my words, "that was beautiful. Your way with words fascinates me greatly. That will be help me a lot."

I chuckled, "your words have helped me too. I hope everything is sorted out for you soon."

"I hope the same for you. Fighting~" Wheein smiled.

-

I took a deep breath before pushing open the door and smiling at the scent of my former apartment.

Smiling softly, I walked further into the living space where Jieun and Mei were currently sitting, having an rather heated argument.

"I told you already, RAMEN IS BETTER THAN BULGOGI-"

"NUH UH, BULGOGI BEATS RAMEN ANY DAY-"

Figuring they were not going to stop anytime soon, I cleared my throat to signal I was present.

Both girls shut up immediately and stared, shock and silence filling the room, before-

"YOU BITCH!" they both screamed in sync, before attacking me with a massive hug.

"AISH! I'VE JUST COME BACK, TRY NOT TO KILL ME JUST YET-" I shrieked.

"WHY DIDN'T YOU TELL US YOU WERE COMING?!!" Mei screamed, her voice sounding muffled as she crushed my bones.

"IT WAS A SURPRISE-"

"ARE YOU REAL?! IS THIS ACTUALLY [Y/N]?!!" Jieun shrieked, not letting go of me.

"Yah! Who else would I be?" I flicked her forehead when they finally released me.

Before Jieun could reply, Hayeon and Chae appeared, stuck to the spot with shock.

"Well," I smirked, "aren't you going to greet me?"

Chae ran over, squeezing me tightly and I groaned when I felt her tears already wetting my sweater.

"Pabo, don't get all emotional on me," I teased.

"Wow," Hayeon grinned mischievously,  patting my head as if I was a puppy, "you actually grew. One day you might be as tall as me buddy."

My shoulders slumped at her comment, knowing I'd never reach Hayeon's height of 5"10. Not fair.

"Well come on then," Jieun squeaked, "we have catching up to do!"

"We sure do," Chae grinned.

-

                                                                 𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙣𝙘𝙝𝙞𝙡𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙘𝙧𝙮 ❞                        

A/N

unedited

bet you weren't expecting that ;)

a filler chapter but important for the plot which i honestly don't know what i'm doing with now

thankyou for reading <3