Epilogue ; 발문

"i'm singing for you to make you fall deeper."

                                               4 years later 

The long white dress complimented her figure perfectly. It was simple, yet elegant, something not to be underestimated, just like her. Her long black hair was swept up gracefully. She looked round her and smiled. This day could not be more perfect, she thought, her family and friends surrounding her and her lover at her side.

"They're perfect, don't you think?" I sighed, ectastic at the fact that today was the day where Chae and Jimin finally got married.

"I know right?" Hayeon replied in agreement, smiling seeing the two so happy. 

"They're so cute!"Jieun gushed. "Not as cute as us though," Mei added cheesily, as the two giggled.

Hayeon and I shared a look. Ever since the two had become a couple, hearing these cheesy words had become a daily thing. 

"Seeing them two like that makes me wonder when they'll get married too," Hayeon laughed, leaving the two in their own bubble.

"It makes me wonder when you and Hoseok will finally settle on a date too,"I remarked.

Hayeon smiled sheepishly and looked down at her hand, where her engagement ring was. "After all the preparation for this wedding, I can definitely waitfor ours."

Hoseok and Hayeon had been engaged for over a year now, and it had definitely come as a surprise to all of us when it happened. Mei and Jieun had also been  couple for about a year, though that news was not a surprise to anyone. Chae and Jimin had been engaged for 2 years, and had prepared so much for this day, it made me so happy to see them finally at ease after the long stressful months that had passed by. Yerin and Yoongi became a thing a long time ago, and were already married. My brother Namjoon was not without a partner either, he was married to a man named Seokjin.

And me...well-

"You or Jungkook not popped the question yet...?" Hayeon inquired, curiously.

"No..I must admit I've been avoiding him for a while though..." I confessed, wincing a little.

The past few months had been pretty stressful with all the events happening leading up to the big day, so that had been my cover up for avoiding him. First it had been avoiding the texts, the calls, then our dates and his questions, now we had barely even talked in the past 2 weeks. I knew every time I saw him that it was hurting him, but it was hurting me too. I couldn't do anything to stop it, it was a matter I wasn't ready to deal with yet.

"Whatever it is, I'm sure you'll get through it. You're one of the strongest people I know," Hayeon reassured me with a smile, which I returned genuinely.

-

"May I have the honour of dancing with you, Miss Kim?" Chae bowed dramatically in front of me, before pulling on my hand to dance with her.

"Are you drunk, Chae?!" I shrieked as we swept across the ballroom. 

"Only a little!" she threw her head back and laughed delightfully. My eyes softened seeing her so happy. She and Jimin were two of the people who deserved happiness the most.

"Happy?" I asked her, smiling.

"Yes," she smiled back, "and you?"

I paused for a moment. "I will be."

"When?" 

"When I finally talk to Jungkook,"I replied, staring off into the distance where he was laughing and talking with Jimin, Taehyung, Namjoon and the others.