Lie ; 거짓말

My mind and heart were at war with each other.

"You forgot me?"

All those sleepless nights
All those times I cried myself to sleep
All those times I isolated myself from everyone
I broke myself because of you.

Yet I 'forgot you.'

I had to do this, there was no turning back now.

I furrowed my eyebrows in exaggerated confusion, "What?"

A lie. 

He looked dazed, "It is [Y/N]? Right? You...forgot me?" 

"We knew eachother?"
Lie again.

"You did.." he whispered, looking down. He looked back up, pain clear on his face, making me feel a sharp pain inside.

"We did...before I moved away.." he whispered hesitantly.

Okay, this is going too far. I need to get out of here.

"I'm sorry," I apologised, standing up, "but I need to get home, it was..uh..nice..?.. talking to you." 

Turning to leave, stopping when I felt a string grip around my wrist.

What k-drama have I got myself into, is the only thing I think as I turn back to see Jungkook, with a deadly serious expression.

A few seconds passed.

"Uh..J-Jungkook..? Could you..?" I stuttered, mentally slapping myself for that.

"Oh yeah, uhm sorry.." Jungkook said, a slight blush covering his cheeks as he let go of my wrist. "I was going to ask..if I could take you somewhere..maybe it'd help you remember?"

Did he really just? 

I took a deep breath before saying, "Listen, Jungkook, it was nice to meet you and you seem like a nice person. But I don't know you, and I need to get going." 

Hearing the words, his lips turned downwards into an adorable pout, a desperate look in his eyes. "Please?" 

Looking into his eyes was a mistake, immediately I surrendered and nodded. "Okay...but we have to make it quick."

His lips curved upwards into an adorable bunny smile.

He hadn't changed, I thought, immediately erasing the thought afterwards. From now, you don't know him [Y/N].
Even though that was a lie. 

"[Y/N]? [Y/N]-ah!" 

I jumped back to reality as Jungkook chuckled, "You really haven't changed [Y/N]." 

I quickly apologised and walked alongside Jungkook as we walked out of the place, silently worrying about how Chae would bombard me with questions when I got home, as the sky was already darkening. 

Trailing along the brightly coloured Autumn leaves, I could feel my fingers shaking due to the cold. Stupid fingers.

Unexpectedly, Jungkook carefully took my hand in his and held it tightly. I turned to him in confusion.

"Your fingers are freezing," he explained, eyes filled with worry.
"Oh..Thankyou..," I replied. 

Honestly speaking I didn't understand how straight he was being. Like our friendship was being carried on from where it ended. Which made me even more determined to show him how it felt, having everything taken away from you, how it felt to be shattered to pieces. In order for this to work, I would have to start getting to 'know' him, to get closer to him. 

"So..you said we were friends..before you..left?" I asked curiously, trying to create a conversation. 

"Yes," he replied, glancing me for a second before walking onwards.

"Where did you go?" 

Jungkook stared at me for a while, before looking down. "Seoul."

Not telling me anything I don't already know
"But..why..?" 

The question caught him off guard, staring at me, confused as to why I was suddenly interested in such a topic, before replying quietly, "I had my reasons.." 

I decided not to push the topic any further, besides, it looked like we had arrived at our destination. 

A smile reached my lips as I realised it was a park we often came to in our childhood.

I turned to Jungkook, realising he was smiling as well. "You like it?" 

I nodded, "it's very pretty," as I stared at the fairy lights decorating the bare trees.

We carried on walking a long path, before we both sat down on a big rock. By now, the stars had come out and were the only source of light against the dark night sky.

"Do you remember anything?" Jungkook slowly whispered, eyeing me closely.
Before I could reply, I realised where we were.

She looked away from the river and met his eyes with her own pained ones.
The river...

I hadn't been here since...

A sudden pain shot through my head, causing me to sit up and groan in pain as I held my head.

Jungkook instantly shot up as well, glancing at me in panic, "Are you okay?!"

I nodded slowly and managed a fake smile, "I'm fine." 

Jungkook didn't look very convinced.

"Listen, thankyou for tonight, it was fun.." I said, standing up, "but I really need to get going now." 

And with that, I ran.
I needed to get out of there.
I ignored all the stares and worried glances
I was sick of this
I was sick of the pain
I had only just stared
Yet I was already sick of the
Lies.
-
A/N
Hshshhshshs I don't know wtf I just wrote
This story is rank #11 in jeonjungkookxreader atm,, so Thankyou!!
Also 32 reads! Aha ily guys :)
Seventeen's comeback "Oh My" was amazing omllll,, if anyone wants to talk about it please pm me 👌😤
AND BTS' NEW ALBUM LOVE YOURSELF: ANSWER IS COMING ON AUGUST 24 :0
Thanks for reading and stay tuned for the next chapter! 💛🌼