I Miss You ; 보고 싶다

"Yeri and Doyoung, Hayeon and Chae, Jieun and Mei..." Mr. Song paired students together for the science project in a monotone voice. I held my breath, hoping the student I was paired with would be decent. 

"Jungkook and [Y/N]." 

Typical. 

I turned around to see Jungkook, smiling. I sighed and picked up my bag to sit next to him.

"So.. if we're partners..I'm going to need your number," Jungkook said, still smiling.

"Is that your way of saying you want my number?" I smirked, before furrowing my eyebrows in confusion. "Didn't I already give you it already?"

His smile dropped and he looked down. "Well..it said your number was already saved in my phone..and I was blocked."

I stared at him for a second before bursting into laughter, causing a few glances my way and Jungkook glaring at me. 

Once I stopped, he commented sulkily, "what's so funny?" 

"That was you?!" I giggled, unblocking the number and showing him the texts I had received a week ago.

So you have changed then.

"I see, not quite the innocent bunny then?"I said, still giggling.

The corners of his lips suddenly turned up into an uncharacteristic smirk as he leaned closer to my ear.

"What makes you think that?"

I gulped and turned around to face him in shock, only to see he was laughing now. "You were saying, unblock?"

-

4am

Yep, and I was awake because of one person.

That's right, Jungkook.

My phone had constantly been beeping with messages from 1 in the morning, and here I was, still being spammed.

jungkook:  Y/N

jungkook: Y/N

me: JEON JUNGKOOK

me: FGS ITS 4AM WHAT DO YOU WANT

jungkook: i wanna talk :( i'm bORED

me: and i want to sleep which matters more bye

jungkook: no come back :(((

seen 4:18

jungkook: i miss you ;(

me: it's been one day since we saw each other at school wth

jungkook: still, i miss you

seen 4:21

I looked over to my bedside table, where a frame sat. To anyone else it would mean nothing and easily overlooked, but it meant a lot to me.

Me and Jungkook as young children laughing as though nothing mattered, without a worry. We didn't know what was to come. Not wanting to remember any more, I picked it up and placed it inside the drawer.

me: i miss you too|

me: i miss y|

me: i|

me: goodnight.

jungkook: goodnight Y/N.

-