About Time ; 시간에 대해

Wincing at every sound the loud door made, I attempted to make my way across the apartment to my room without any of my friends realising I had got home.

Sure, I knew I couldn't hide from the questions forever, but I was too tired to answer any right now.

The apartment was eerily quiet, and there was no sign of anybody. 

Maybe they went out, I thought to myself, as I jumped on to my bed. 

Ahem.

I slowly turned my head to the door, to see Chae, Hayeon, Jieun and Mei all standing with raised eyebrows and arms crossed in a determined manner.

I'm doomed.

"Bitch, you have some hot ass tea to spill." 

Once I had finished explaining the whole situation, and then listening to my friends' we were all pretty exhausted. Everyone finally filed out of my room...except Mei and Jieun who had mischievous grins on their faces.

"Alright, spill. What do you want?" I sighed in exasperation.

"Nothing!" Mei piped in an unusually squeaky voice, implying the exact opposite. 

"Then what are you up to?" I asked, suspiciously.

"Nothing! Why do you always assume we're up to something?!" Jieun joined in.

"Because you always are?"

"That's beside the point," Mei continued, "we just wanted to give you a heads up to make sure you dress up tonight."

"Dress up? Tonight? What for?" I asked, my brows furrowed together at the sudden suggestion.

"I-" 

Mie shot Jieun a pointed glare before explaining, "we figured we all need a break and haven't had a night out in a while, so we're going out for dinner."

"Well...I really appreciate the offer but I don't think I'm up to-"

"It was a demand, not an offer," Jieun smirked before leaving.

"Oh and [Y/N]," Mei called out, "wear the black dress," she said before winking and leaving. 

I shook my head in disbelief at the mischievous pair, feeling slightly excited. 

[seven hours later]

"YAH, KIM [Y/N], IF YOU DON'T GET HERE RIGHT NOW I WILL DRAG YOU OUT!!" came Hayeon's voice from the sitting area.

"COMING!" I yelled back as I quickly shoved a handful of pins into my hair to keep it in place before rushing into the hall.

I stepped into the living room, slightly surprised at the fact that they were dressed in quite normal attire, but also slightly relieved that I hadn't made much of an effort. 

"Okay," Hayeon breathed a sigh of relief. "Let's go." 

I shot a suspicious look at Jieun and Mei who were giggling and whispering to each other, but then shook it off as this was their usual behaviour. 

~

Fifteen minutes of Hayeon's extremely dodgy driving later and we finally pulled up in front of a restaurant I had never been to before. I sighed, relieved we had arrived in one piece and quickly exited the car.

Click.

The sound of the door locking. 

"Aren't you getting out?" I asked, confused.

"You're on your own, bud," Hayeon smirked.

"I'm really sorry, [Y/N]," Chae said, holding back a mischievous smile.

"Have fun!!" Mei and Jieun chimed, as the car drove away.

"WHAT?!"

What the hell is going on?? Why did they just-?

A few minutes later I pulled myself together and noticed several people were staring at me weirdly. I shook my head and resigned myself to the fact that I had no choice but to enter the restaurant, mentally murdering my friends.

My eyes scanned over the tables and stopped at one in particular in shock.

"About time you arrived, Kim [Y/N]."

About time.

Jungkook.

-

A/N

i'm baaaaaack <3