You Forgot Me? ; 당신은 저를 잊어 버렸습니다?

+song : heartbeat - suran

I'm done with this, I thought as I stormed out of the principal's office, muttering a string of words Chae would probably scold me for saying, but at this point I was beyond caring.

"More effort, [Y/N], that's all I'm asking for. You do want to pass this year, don't you? Just pay attention to your studies and I'm always here to help if you need it."
Like it was all that simple, like I didn't have troubles, like college wasn't an absolute hell. Every year, the principal would call me to his office, saying I needed to concentrate on studying and passing, every time I would have to sit there and listen, silently screaming in my head 'Can't you see I'm trying?!'

Ever since my parents' passing and sudden departure in my life, I had dropped from one of the highest ranking students to one of the lowest. 

I pushed my way out of campus, running away from my troubles. Again.
I looked and watched as my body automatically dragged me to my quiet place. The hidden part at the back of the park, left alone because of an old folks tale of it being haunted by young children who had wondered there and never come back out.
Bullcrap, if you ask me.
If anyone had actually explored it, they would have seen how stunning it was. Tiny pieces of glass were hung in the trees, the sun reflecting off them, creating tiny rainbows everywhere and old lanterns no longer working, still creating a mysterious effect. I sighed and sat at the old abandoned piano in the corner.
This was often how I calmed myself when there was a problem, but I felt slight guilt at running away from my problems instead of solving them. My parents had always taught me to be strong, not weak, scared, hopeless. If they were here I'd want them to be proud, and for that I'd have to give a reason for them to be.

 I like it today

The white star comes down

Busty in your eyes

My appearance

Like you are every day

Come to me A warm night sky

If I get off

Heartbeat heartbeat

Speeding Up

Heartbeat heartbeat

In My Mind

Heartbeat heartbeat

It's getting bigger

Heartbeat heartbeat

On And On

Heartbeat heartbeat

In My Mind

Heartbeat heartbeat

I think I can hear you

I have a dream

This heart full I look at you

Without knowing it

I like it today

The white star comes down

Busty in your eyes

My appearance

Clapping.

"OH MY GOD HOLY SHIT," I screamed, standing up and whipping around, only to see a boy my age sitting on the grass near me, looking very amused.

"Holy shit, you scared the living daylights out of me!" I breathed out, trying to calm my very fast heartbeat.

"Oh I'm sorry, I was here and I was gonna say but you seemed too caught up in your thoughts..uh.." he paused, "You sound really good. You might want to put your voice to professional use, you know," he commented, laughing.

I could tell from the heat radiating from my face that I was blushing. 

Damn you, [Y/N].

Taking a closer look at the boy, my heart suddenly stopped beating. 

"Jeon Jungkook," he said, extending his hand.

I hesitantly took it, praying he wouldn't remember. 

"Kim [Y-"

"[Y/N]. I know."
I froze. 

He remembers.
A promise is a promise, [Y/N].
Promises can't be broken.
It was cruel.
It was heartbreaking.
It was mindblowing.
But it was life.
Eventually what you give to other people comes back around.
So I'm keeping my promise, Jeon Jungkook.
"One day, Jeon Jungkook, I will break you just like you've broken me."

"Hey," Jungkook said, waving a hand in front of my face, "[Y/N]-ssi. You okay?" 

"U-um..yeah," I whispered, flinching away from his hand, both of us falling into silence before he spoke again.

"So," he said looking at me directly in the eyes,

 "you forgot me?"
-
[A/N]
784 words yay! 😂
So What is a bop, just saying 👌
Seventeen's comeback "Oh My" is tomorrow, I'm so exciteddddd :D
Nothing much more to say, hope you enjoyed this chapter and ily! 💛