Play On ; 놀다

+ song: egotistic - mamamoo

You're going to be fine, I try convincing myself.

You're going to fine.

Right...

Right?

I sighed frustratedly, trying my hardest to not ruin my carefully-done hair.

Dammit, face it [Y/N], you're probably going to go in there and have a mental breakdown. Might as well embrace it, I admit as I hesitantly ring the doorbell.

A few moments later and the door suddenly opened. A woman, in her 40s and stunningly dressed stood there.

I was speechless.

"[Y/N]! Aren't you going to come in?!" the woman exclaimed before pulling me into a bone-crushing hug.

"Mrs..Jeon..I-can't-b-bREATHE," I managed to say, trying not to laugh.

Mrs Jeon pulled back with a chuckle. "Ah Kim [Y/N]! Almost forgot - you were never one to like hugs were you?"

"That's not true, it's ju-"

Mrs Jeon cut me off with another laugh, showing glimpses of a familiar bunny smile.

Him again.

Suddenly a voice was heard, cutting off my thoughts.

"Eomma, you've been at the door for ages, aren't you going come in?"

Speak of the devil.

As Mrs Jeon was busy scolding him, I averted my eyes elsewhere to avoid looking at him. What did I expect?

My eyes finally landed on him, taking in how handsome he looked in his highly polished suit. I gulped quickly, suddenly feeling thirsty. My heart stopped as I realized he was also scanning me. Soon enough his dark gaze met mine. I tried very hard to not look away.

Don't be intimidated, don't be intimidated-

However, his gaze was quickly placed elsewhere and I tried not to sigh in relief.

"Let's go inside then shall we?" Mrs Jeon smiled.

-

I smiled at the sight of Jimin, also in a suit, and his parents sitting at the dinner table.

Maybe tonight won't be so bad.

"You look nice today [Y/N]," Jimin complimented quietly as I took a seat next to him.

"Thankyou," I returned, trying not to lose my cool, "you don't look so bad yourself."

My eyes traveled to the other side of the table, at another boy and his parents sitting across us.

I furrowed my eyes in confusion as Jimin followed my gaze.

He leaned closer to my ear, as I tried not to shiver. "Those are the Jungs, they are also very close friends of the Jeons." Seeing the boy also looking back, he raised his voice and started introducing us.

"[Y/N], this is Jung Hoseok," he said. The said boy held out his hand and I shook it with a smile. How could I not? His face was glowing, his eyes so pretty and smile so contagious.

"Hoseok-hyung, this is Kim [Y/N]," Jimin continued with a smile at our exchange.

"Pleasure to meet you," Hoseok smiled.