• Chapter Three •

"Nice bathing suit." Nicky laughs as I hop out of my car, backpack slung over my shoulder.

"Wait, I was supposed to wear a bathing suit?!" I call out from across the parking lot, waiting for a small white bus to pass and pull to a stop. She rolls her eyes.

"You'll be fine. It's only got a few water rides, most of them are just roller coasters." I catch up to her as she continues speaking. "Shorts are fine."

"Is that bus what we're all taking?" I ask. She nods.

"Yeah, we talked about everyone teaming up in cars and meeting there, but this was just easier."

"Yeah, and not everyone has a car." I laugh.

"Right."

I shift uncomfortably in the heat as we approach the few crew members leaving the building and making their way to the bus. The majority of them are wearing bathing suits along with coverups and shorts. I eye my baggy t-shirt and denim shorts in discomfort. Nicole grabs a hold of my forearm and pulls me out of my self-consciousness.

"I should've wore a tank top, or at least a better fitting shirt..." we get closer to the group. "I look like a bum."

"Sh, you're fine. Hey guys!" She waves, helping me take off my backpack.

"Hey, oh I didn't know you were coming. Glad you could make it."

The familiar voice gets louder as it closes in from behind Nicole and I. I turn around grabbing my backpack in the process, only to nearly choke at who was standing behind us.

Rhett, wearing a tank top and some trunks looks down at me. Link jogs up beside him, a backpack the size of a child strapped to his back.

"I brought 4 bottles of sunscreen. Two of the cream, two of the spray on. SPF 100." Link speaks quickly, catching his breath. "Hey guys."

"Sup." Nicole says.

Rhett and Link walk around us to the rest of the group as I start coming back down from my panic.

"What the hell was that?!" She steps closer to me.

"Sorry, sorry, I guess I still haven't gotten used to being around celebrities."

"Oh please, he's barely a celebrity. The more time you spend around them the more you realize they're just overrated dads. I mean, look what Link's wearing."

I look over and see link in some cargo shorts with a belt and a tank top.

"Point taken."

"Good, cause you're gonna have to get over that soon. Considering you've gotta talk to him about becoming a part of the crew. Today." She urges. I groan. We all pile onto the bus finally and I take my seat in the front, taking comfort in the fact that I'm close to the escape window. I undo the button on my bag and sift through the contents. Hair brush. Hair bands. Sunglasses. Lotion. Open bag of travel tissue. Empty wrappers. A ton of them. Good enough. Rhett steps on to the bus. His height makes his head skim the ceiling of the bus, meanwhile Link comfortably traces behind him. They take a seat somewhere in the back. I have to stop myself from staring. Once everyone else settles in, the bus hisses, followed by movement at last.

The driver pulls us onto the road and we begin our adventure. I feel a tap on my shoulder from the seat behind us and I turn around, noticing Becca and her friend.

"Do you have any sunscreen I can borrow?" She asks.

"I don't, but I know Link has plenty." My eyes switch over to Rhett and Link's seat farther back, and quickly look away before they could notice. Eyes front.

It's gonna be a long day.

I wish I could've written more, but I'm currently on vacation in a very cruddy area for service. I just felt the need to update so we can finally have Rhett introduced!!