• Chapter Four •

Plummeting. Screaming. Hands in the air. Nicky grasps my arm tightly, the tendons in her hands bulging and her knuckles turning white. A silver ring she wears pinches the sensitive skin of my forearm. My ear rings with her deafening yelling right beside me.

I'm not a screamer. Or, maybe I am. But I usually just laugh and smile like an idiot all the way through. The ride slams to a stop at the end and I see Nicole's face disappear behind her thick curly hair. As we climb out of our seats and make our way out we take a look at the booth to purchase photos of us from the ride.

"How much are they?" She leans over the desk. I eye her cute outfit and another small, more manageable rush of self-consciousness flows over me. I shake it off. I can't make out exactly what the guy at the booth says, but whatever number he named made Nicole's eyes widen and caused her to frantically shake her head in denial as she came back to my side.

"How much?" I smirk.

"Too much. Hold my bag."

I take a hold of her small bag as she digs through it, pulling out her cell phone and takes a discreet photo of the picture displayed on the screen.

"Please don't post that on Facebook. I look like shit."

"I'll just put an emoji over your face if you want." She compromises.

"The vomiting one." We begin our adventure further into the amusement park. "Use the vomiting one."

After a few more rides, we found ourselves in the water part of the park, which helped lessen the beating our skin was taking from the bright sun and 90° weather. I wipe my forehead.

"Do you still have my water bottle?" I ask Nicole, who digs in her bag once more, but to no avail.

"If I didn't give it back to you then I must've forgotten it in one of the lines..."

"Ugh. I'm really thirsty." I complain. "How was it just a nice 70° yesterday and today it feels like Satan's irritated crotch?"

"We'll find a drink fountain after this water slide." She rolls her eyes and gestures up to blue steps that lead to several huge slides that all lead down to a pool. I also can't help but notice the line that, not only fills the entirety of the steps, but spills out into the walkway. Taking a deep breath, I agree. I can't help but feel like I'm signing my death warrant.

25 minutes. Half way up. I lean over the extremely hot railing and look down at the tops of people's heads buzzing about from attraction to attraction. I suddenly feel like hurling all over the people below.

A/N: WATTPAD DELETED LIKE HALF OF THE STUFF I WROTE NOW IM PISSED SO ILL JUST REWRITE THE STUFF I WROTE IN THE NEXT CHAPTER

SORRY FOR TAKING SO LONG