26

_________________________________
Deep inside I been hurtin'
Tired of tryin' and I'm sick of crying-ing
I been searchin' mind-inds, baby I been lurking, yeah
You left me clueless time after time
~ YoungBoy NBA
_________________________________

Omniscient

"I tried everything I could to save her. I'm so sorry". He said with tears forming in his eyes.

Aaliyah's mother stood there. Emotionless. Her heart beat increased and she began to hyperventilate.

"My baby!". She screamed.

Her father wrapped her in a hug and cried with her.

"What? No. No No No No". Mama Gaulden cried.

Aaliyah's father held his wife who had to have a seat. Mama Gaulden sat there in complete shock. She didn't know how she could tell her son that his wife had died, let alone their kids.

"When can we see her?". Her mother said in between tears.

Before the doctor could speak, a nurse came running from around the corner.

"Doctor James! We need you in room 712, she's breathing!". She said in shock.

The doctor looked at the family then back at the nurse. "One moment". He said before he took off.

While he was out telling the family the news, the nurse wanted to resuscitate her more. She didn't want her to not be able to meet her children, so she did what she did.

With the grace of god, she was able to get a pulse. Though it was very faint, it was still something they could work with.

Out in he waiting room a shaken up family waited. They didn't know if it was Aaliyah of another patient.

Her mother said another prayer and the doctor came out. He had a look of relief on his face.

"She's alive". He smiled. He wiped his forehead off and started to speak. "She's in a coma, but she's stable. She needs all the rest she can get".

Everybody sighed, saying a small prayer before hugging the nurse.

"Thank you so much for not giving up on her". Aaliyah's mother said.

The nurse smiled and nodded. "Everyone deserves a second chance". She smiled before she walked away.

"When can we see her doctor?".

"You can go see her now". He smiled.

"Thank you so much". Mama Gaulden said.

The doctor then started to send them to her room. When they entered, they saw a sleeping Aaliyah.

Her mother rushed to her side and laid a kiss on her forehead. She grabbed her hand and began thanking god for bringing her back.

"Where's the twins?". Aaliyah's father asked.

"They're down the hall. I'll have a nurse point hem out to you".

He nodded and turned his attention to his daughter. Aaliyah's mother thanked him again before the doctor left out to do his rounds.

"No one can tell me god isn't real". Mama Gaulden said as she took a seat next to Aaliyah's bed.

Everyone was frightened when her phone started to ring. Looking down she saw it was her son.

Kentrell's Pov

"Main, she ain't ansa'in da phone". I said as I paced da living room.

"Look, calm down. I'm pretty sure she has a good reason. Call again". Jaliyah said to me.