40

________________________________
Unmarked black helicopters swoop down
And try to put missiles in mines
Who's that peeking in my window?
Pow, nobody now (nobody now)
                               ~ Goodie Mobb
________________________________

Omniscient

Around 2 am Aaliyah was awaken by the sound of someone downstairs. She sat up in bed to listen and heard 3 people's footsteps.

Her heart dropped as she heard them come up the stairs. Her fear was interrupted when she thought of her daughter who was down the hall sleeping.

She reached to her nightstand and grabbed a pistol for protection and made her war to the door. She opened the door and looked down the hall and saw one of the men enter the room and she cocked the gun.

"Take another step, and I promise I will pull this damn trigger". She said through gritted teeth.

The intruder stopped and stepped out the room.

"Get the hell out of here". She said on the verge of tears.

But the intruder didn't stop. He just stared back at her through a mask. She was now getting ticked off.

Another masked man then came up the stairs.

"Aye Dave, what's takin so long?". A voiced asked. The voice did sound familiar to Aaliyah, but she couldn't put her finger on it.

As he reached the top, he turned to see what had the others attention. He turned and saw Aaliyah shaken with fear, frozen holding the gun.

They were all frozen, staring at one another. The baby's room door open and revealed the third one who was holding her.

When she realized he was holding the baby she wanted to kill them, right then and there.

"Put the gun down or your baby is dead". The voice demanded.

She kept the gun pointed at them. "Put my baby down. Or all y'all dead".

The man chuckled and walked over to the rail of the stairs and dangled the baby over.

Aaliyah gasped and tears filled her eyes. "Please". She whispered.

"Drop the gun now!". He ordered.

She did and dropped to her knees. "Please whatever you want. I have money I have jewelry, but please don't kill my child". She pleaded.

He laughed. "Go tie her up. Throw this bitch in the car". He said as he walked down the stairs with the baby.

She got up and ran towards him but the slightly buff one punched her in the face which made her collapse on the floor.

"Aye man, you didn't have to do that". One of them spoke.

"I've been waiting damn near 4 years for this. This bitch gone get it, bad". He said.

Kentrell's Pov

I walked back into da house lookin a mess.

"Yo bae, da hell happened?". I said as I walked to da kitchen to get Ky a bottle.

He started to fuss and I tried ma best to calm em. "Aye man, Look. I know how it is when you get hungry and tired. So imma feed you and you can take a nap aight?". I said to him.

He calmed down and just looked at me. I smiled and gave em da bottle.

I notice da house was too quiet. No snores, No tv, Nothin. "Aye babe! You hea?".