two

"Come on Lily! You two could be best friends, you're both redheads and super smart! You have so much in common!" Sirius Black all but yelled as the two rushed through the Gryffindor common room, closely followed by the remaining three marauders. First years were staring, startled by the commotion but second years and up were used to the Marauders antics.

"Not a chance Black. First of all, we have a lot the makes us different as well, besides the fact that she is pure blooded and in Slytherin. She has no friends!" Lily had replied in an exasperated tone. It was not that Lily did not like the girl. In fact, she was quite fond of the red-headed snake. But Vera White was stone cold and nobody could break her shell, least of all a Gryffindor.

Still, Sirius continued to berate the girl, "I have to do the project in transfiguration with her! How am I supposed to do work with a girl who hates everyone and won't let me know a single thing about her!" Sirius Black was bloody pissed with how things had gone in is transfiguration class this morning.

His mood was already dampened as he entered the classroom, as Transfiguration was with Slytherin house. The thought put him in a daily slump that even prongs couldn't get him out of. If there was one thing that Sirius Black hated more then someone touching his hair, it was pure blooded bigots. Which Slytherin happened to be overflowing with.

Sirius Black, James Potter, Remus Lupin, and Peter Pettigrew stormed into Transfiguration class five minutes late. They knew that any later and 'Minnie' would have had their ass. As the Marauders entered, however, their usual seats were taken, and everyone was in different spots.

"Seating change, boys come to the front and I will instruct you to where you are sitting." Professor Mcgonagall told the four boys. and begrudgingly the boys did as they were told.

James was sat next to a fuming Lily Evans, Remus next to Marlene McKinnon, and Peter next to Mary MacDonald. The only remaining seat left for Sirius was next to the Slytherin queen herself, Vera White.

Slowly Sirius trudged over to his seat pleading with his eyes to anyone that could see to switch with him. It was clear to everyone including Sirius that Vera White did not like Sirius Black. Not that she liked anyone but it was speculated that she had a particular hatred for the mischievous Gryffindor boy.

"The people you are sitting beside will be your partners for the rest of the year. Starting immediately you and your partner will begin a project on human transfiguration. You are only in this class because you achieved 'Exceeds Expectations' in your O.W.L's in the fifth year." The professor stated.

"For this project students will use human transfiguration to change into your partner. For students to get full marks the partners will need to be able to portray the other with an exact replica of the student's common expressions and mannerisms. Students will be given a month to complete the assignment, to present it in front of the class in a mirror-like fashion." As Professor Mcgonagall was saying this Sirius' face could only slightly portray the horror he was feeling. Vera, on the other hand, was indifferent, she knew of the Gryffindor boy from a distance but not good enough to form an opinion. If anything Vera thought good of him only because of his connection to one Remus Lupin.

After the full explanation of the assignment, the bell rang for the end of class. As the bell rang Mcgonagall quickly said, "make sure to meet with your partner and familiarize with each other before you attempt to transfigure yourself."

The end of the class led to Sirius crying out in exasperation as Vera immediately started to tidy up the classroom. She was impossible for him to talk to and he was ninety-nine percent sure that she hated his guts. Even their last names were opposites. The end of class brought upon the chase of Lily Evans by Sirius Black. He just needed Lily to figure out a few things about Vera because he was sure she would never tell him anything. She never told anyone anything.