thirty

Sirius was looking everywhere. He hadn't even glanced at the food in front of him. He could not spot Vera anywhere.

"Padfoot! Calm down mate! She will be here any moment! You are starting to look like a lunatic staring at the door, come on atleast eat something!"

A piece of pastry obstructed Sirius direct line of vision of the door. Only for a second before Sirius whacked it out of James hand.

"Back off mate! I'm trying to do something!"

"Well you can do that something while eating your breakfast! It is the most important meal of the day you know! Come on Remus tell him!"

"Sirius, James isn't wrong. You should really eat something."

Sirius was about to protest, he would argue that he was in the middle of something very important, but before he could utter a word he was disrupted by the sound of the doors to the Great Hall doors being opened and in slipped the source of his staring, Vera White.

Quietly she went to the Slytherin table, sitting farthest from the other students, pretending not to notice everyone's stares. If it was any other student no one would care but this was Vera White. Slytherin princess.

"Hello and Good Morning students. It is with sincere regret that in light of recent events I must inform you all, that according to some rather disturbing news that arrived in my office late last night, there is a dark force rising. It has been noticed that certain muggle enthusiasts have been going missing and reappearing unrecognizable.With wizards turning against wizards it seems as if that the entire wizarding world has changed over night. I do not say these words lightly, and would not wish the fate bestowed upon us, as of this very moment, on anyone. However we are no longer safe, the dark force rising makes no exceptions."

"I encourage you all to focus on your studies and be inside for curfew. No wandering outside at night. We do not want any accidents", Dumbledore said this looking directly at the Marauders. "Now everyone have a splendid day, and remember help will always be given to those who ask for it."

With that the professor turned around and the silence was replaced with murmuring. Dark glances were being sent in the direction of the Slytherin table. It seemed everyone had a guess as to who was responsible for the attacks. It did not help that the only table that was quiet was the Slytherin table. None of the students looked particularly bothered, except Vera. No, Vera looked angry. And it was almost as soon as she came into the Great Hall, that she left, empty handed.

Why did she come into the Great Hall? She didn't get any food? Did she know the announcement was going to happen? Why did she look so angry? Why did she leave so quickly?

Sirius momentarily forgot the news that Dumbledore shared, his mind overtaken by his thoughts surrounding Vera