twelve

"So Sirius," Vera began saying as she turned to face the boy."When would you like to start working on the transfiguration project?" Without allowing Sirius to answer Vera continued, "I know you are not comfortable with the Slytherin common room, so we would have to find somewhere else. You probably don't like the library either so we could just work on it by the Black Lake during a free period if that works for you?"

Sirius could do nothing but nod his head.

"Okay great, well Lily it was a pleasure coming to Hogsmeade with you, consider your debt repaid for the lost book. Boys, good to see you, I will be heading back to Hogwarts to make sure none of the first years are getting into trouble in the common room."

Lily sat their gobsmacked. Vera thought the only reason they had hung out was because Lily was thanking her. Lily had never meant to give her that impression. She simply needed to convince her to come.

Lily waved to Vera in a robotic fashion. Not comprehending why Vera had thought Lily wasn't being her friend because she wanted to.

In Vera's mind though, she had just released a person from her poisonous hold, so that she could cause less damage. Still as she walked back to the castle she tried not to overthink her offer to Sirius about doing the project together at the Black Lake. How much information would she give him? Would he even show up? What if he tells everyone? What if he hates her? She can't handle letting one person in, just for them to break her from the inside. Maybe she should have said to meet in the library then she wouldn't blabber anything she didn't want to in a public place. Plus Sirius wouldn't prank her in the library Madam Pince is too scary for that.

Vera had made it back to the castle in to time. Immediately going to the Slytherin common room, where she found chaos. Since only third years and up were allowed at Hogsmeade, first and second years were causing chaos. The older Slytherins were not around to cause strife so the young ones were allowed to loosen up. The common room was in shreds, the normal pristine room was massacred and Vera couldn't help but smile.

It took less then five seconds for the entire room to silence. Vera White, prefect of Slytherin had come back from Hogsmeade early to find a mess and she was..smiling?

Vera muttered a quick tergeo for the liquids spilled over the pristine couches, scourgify for the dirty walls and floors, and reparo for the broken priceless objects that are located in the room.

Everything was back to normal before the young students could even blink. Before they knew it Vera said a simple, "I didn't see anything," and walked to her dorm room. Leaving over twenty slack jawed kids in her wake.

Vera walked into her room, slowly shut the door and slid down the back of the wooden door and cried. Being sad was the only feeling Vera could feel freely. Behind happy was always fake for her, angry was not real, and mad was always exaggerated. She was emotionally incompetent. And she hated it.

So every night she did the only thing she could do. To feel the only emotion she had that was authentic. And she sobbed to herself in her cold dark room, by herself.