thirty four

a/n : hellooooo! I am the worst person to ever exist and I am so sorry for not updating. I loved reading all your comments and am very thankful for your kind words! 💓 I know this chapter is not very long at all. It is more of a connector chapter as to how the story will progress and allowed more insight into Vera's character. Plus a new character! I really hope you enjoy!!

- all my love 💋💓
kai

Vera was his best friend, even if it sounded stupid as he didn't know anything personal about her at all. But it didn't matter, she was still the closest person to him in the godforsaken school. And he liked to think that even if he didn't really know her, he understood her. Or he wanted to.

This led him to where he was now, just as he had done in the previous months and years, he had gone to find Vera. She had a very particular schedule and never really missed a class, the only thing she didn't attend was meals. Knowing her schedule sounded very creepy, but he knew that Vera was not clueless about his knowledge. There was not much that went on at Hogwarts that she did not know. A fact that sometimes really freaked people out.

He worried for her and though he did not confront her, and never seemed to be able to find her, that did not stop him from looking for her as he thinks she would look for him, regardless of if they were friends. And if she truly knew everything going on in this school, like it seems like she does, then it was important to him that she knew that he notices when she disappears and cares.

Maybe that made him crazy, and maybe that meant he spent hours wandering the castle, but on the off chance she needed someone and needed to be found, he wanted to be there. He may have been one of the few people at the school to notice but Vera White's personality was just too perfected just too carefully constructed to be true. And if he was correct, there would not be a lot of time before things began to fall apart.

Time had a habit of making the most beautiful things crumble as it passed. And he wanted to ensure there was something left to rebuild when the inevitable came to pass. Sometimes he allowed himself to think that his loneliness and family drama made him see problems where there weren't any. That he was constantly paranoid where there truly was no issue, but he had a terrible feeling that this was not the case.

As he pondered what could possibly be another reasonable and more positive explanation to Vera's behaviour. He was rammed into, quite rudely by someone rushing around the corner. It's a wonder that he didn't hear the stomping as the following footsteps behind the figure were very loud. While he questioned who was storming so loudly down the hallways in the evening his thoughts were interrupted by a very unwelcome voice.

"Regulus?"