six

a/n: I want to thank the person who voted on the previous chapter. Whoever you are, thank you so much!! It means so much, it's the first vote I've ever received. Anyways, lots of love and on with the book 💓

It seemed as if the entire school was on the brink of their seats waiting for Vera's answer. Lily was beginning to think she made a huge mistake. Why would Vera White ever want to go with her to Hogsmeade? Vera never goes to Hogsmeade. Vera never hangs out with people. Why would she hang out with a Gryffindor?

Before Lily's mind could go into overdrive Vera spoke up, "okay." She said, the words already out of her mouth before she had control. She had never been invited anywhere before. No one had ever hung out with her willingly.

"Okay? You just said okay! Merlin's beard I didn't think you'd say yes!" Lily exclaimed.

That comment made Vera want to take back her answer, if Lily didn't think she'd say yes, then why did she ask. Was she just asking to be polite but didn't actually want to hang out with her? No Lily was too nice for that. So she just nodded her head, smiled and walked back to the Slytherin table. Not noticing that literally, everyone in the Great Hall was staring at her watching her every move.

Before Vera could get too far, Lily yelled, "I will come by the Slytherin common room after breakfast!" She didn't necessarily have to yell because the Great Hall was completely silent but she did.

Vera looked back over her shoulder, briefly sent her a smile and nodded. A collective gasp went around the Great Hall, Vera White smiled and everyone was a witness to this rare occasion and everyone was astonished. Vera, however, did not notice.

She continued to not notice until she got back to her table and settled into her seat looked up and noticed every single eye was on her. She took that attention head on and looked forward with her unnerving eyes until everyone went back to their previous conversations. All except five people, Lily Evans, Remus Lupin, Sirius Black, Peter Pettigrew, and James Potter. Who were all just wondering what had just taken place.