seven

a/n: This is basically fluff. But I had a lot of fun writing it. Also thank you so much for the reads and the votes 💓 it's amazing and so exciting. Every read and vote warms my heart so thank you!!

It took Alice Fortescue slamming her books on the table for all five people to snap out of their dazes. Still reeling from the smile Vera flashed. It was such a rare and beautiful sight.

Sirius' brain felt like mush from the previous moment. The only thought running through his head is that he wanted to see that smile again. No matter what. It only furthered his urgency in Lily becoming friends with Vera and his excitement for the project Vera and him had together. He was almost bouncing in his seat. Whatever hesitancy he had before was gone, replaced with excitement because a girl with that stunning of a smile could not have a mean bone in her body.

"I am in love", Sirius suddenly blurred out making almost everyone at the table gape at him. And the three Marauders do a spit take, "you're what?"

Then the three continued with, "with who?"Since when?" And finally from James, "what the fuck Padfoot you were scared of her literally an hour ago."

"It doesn't matter!"

"Bloody hell of course it matters!"

"You're just jealous!"

"Of what? She doesn't even know you exist she came over to talk to Lily you lunatic!"

"Fuck you Prongs, it was love at first sight."

"Love at first sight? That's bullshit you've been at the same school for 6 years. This isn't the first time you're seeing each other, you nitwit. Back me up, Remus!"

To which Remus hesitantly replies with, "sorry Padfoot but love, at first sight, does imply it is the first time you are seeing each other."

Sirius protested, "fine what about love at first smile. It is the first time I've seen her smile. Does that work, do you all approve of my love for her now?"

The boys knew the argument was a lost cause. All Marauders were brought out of their fight when Lily spoke up. "That's the fourth time she's smiled at me and I still get mesmerized."

"She has smiled at you four times! Why didn't you tell me? You said she didn't like you, you bloody liar! She smiled at you. She never smiles at anyone! How could you, you're basically her best friend. What the hell Lily. This is betrayal you bitc—mphhh.

James covered his best friends mouth before he could call the love of his life a degrading name. The action was out of pure instinct. He was moving in auto drive he really had no idea what was going on in the situation. No one had ever seen Sirius this taken with a girl before. Especially just a girls smile. It was a sight to see.