twenty three

"Right they have such interesting things! They have quills that you do not have to constantly dip in ink and a writing instrument that not only writes but also erases! Muggles are truly magic!" James looked just as interested and excited as Vera was about muggle things.

Maybe it's because of Lily, Vera thought.

"James you are getting of track!" From the look on Sirius' face he was annoyed with his friend. "How do you even know about that stuff?"

"I told you Winkle goes to the muggle world sometimes to pick things up when mother is not home. Also I did want to familiarize myself with muggle things so I would not be completely clueless when it came to muggle born's and half-bloods. It would be quite rude to have them learn all about the magic world and for us not to do the same for their world."

"Vera White. You continue to surprise me," Remus said after a few awkward moments. It was obvious to Vera that he was just trying to fill the silence.

"Well someone has to keep you on your toes," Vera chuckled. "Well Sirius let's continue with the project, why don't we ask some less controversial questions for now?" Without waiting for a response Vera continued, "what do you want to be when you grow up?"

"If you grow up that is", James chuckled out. His wording was sort of muffled as he coughed to cover the comment out.

"Piss off Prongs! I am a grown man already!"

"Considering you all are here as well, feel free to answer as well."

"Well Sirius and I want to be aurors and Remus and Peter want to be professors. What about you Vera?"

"I would maybe want be Healer I think, or a potions professor. I have not decided yet. I do also fancy the idea of being an auror."

"Well I think you would be swell at all those jobs! You excel in all your subjects!"

Vera blushed. Her normal pale skin was a rosy colour that blotched every part of her body that was visible.

"Thank you Peter!"

It was Sirius' turn to ask a question and he was feeling cheeky, "which one of us would you date?"

"Ohh—uhh—maybe you?" Vera pointed at Remus, "not that you three," she gestured to Peter, Sirius, and James, "aren't lovely it is just I know Remus the best. Also take in to consideration that I have never dated anyone before, so I do not exactly have a "type" so to speak."

Remus was blushing, Sirius was fuming, James was staring off in the direction of the castle where Lily was walking by, and Peter just had a knowing look on his face before his eyes lit up and he spoke, "Wait—I knew you hadn't dated anyone at Hogwarts, but hadn't your mother ever set you up with someone? That counts right? What about that guy Dominic Jakovich? Aren't you supposed to marry him?"

"Wormy how do you know that?"

"I have a lady friend who attends Durmstrang, the guy there is bragging about it to everyone."

"Wait lady friend?" The other Marauders said in sync with equal amounts of disbelief.

"That bastard! It was supposed to be a secret. I hadn't even said yes yet!" Vera was fuming. How dare that no good pureblooded arsehole say that he was engaged to her.

The Marauders did not know what to do with a an angry Vera, in fact they had never seen an angry Vera before. Not this angry anyways.