twenty four

The audacity of that boy! How dare he be spreading such lies. That bloody arse! Vera was furious. She did not want to marry Dominic, the last thing she ever wanted to do was continue the Jakovich line. She was person for Merlin's sake! Not some prats baby maker!

"Next time you see that lady-friend of yours Peter" her finger was shaking in front of her body, "you better tell her—or better yet I will write a letter and send it to her." Vera was pacing back and forth in front of the boys muttering menacingly plotting Dominic's murder in her head. "I will send a bloody letter to the headmaster. Spreading such foul lies!" Vera sputtered, she blew a raspberry in disgust, her saliva going into the air. "Who does he think he is?" Vera looked up seeming to just remember that she had an audience. "Sorry Peter do not feel obligated to tell your lady-friend anything." Vera blushed, "I do not want to cause trouble in your relationship. I am sure she is lovely. Dominic on the other hand is a real piece of work! I met him once when I was seven." Vera laughed, "hated him on sight. He was picking his nose and tugging on his moms sleeve. Even five year old Reggie was better behaved then that!"

Vera was too busy overthinking in anger that she did not see Sirius' face at the mention of his brother. She did not see James pat Sirius on the shoulder, or Remus and Peter give him a pitiful glance. She was too stuck in her own head.

Sirius missed his brother. Of course he did. Leaving his brother behind was the only regret he ever had about leaving the Black Manor. He abandoned his younger brother and left him in the careless hands of the wicked witch (literally) that he called a mother.

Talking to Vera, it was easy to forget that she was indeed a Slytherin. Had Reg been as pleasant and kind as her, while being sorted into Slytherin instead of becoming an awful git, maybe their brotherhood could have been saved.

"How come I never met this Jakovich kid? Wasn't I at this party?" Vera peered up to the sky, as if recalling the memory of the event.

"You were there yes",she turned to nod at Sirius, "however I believe even at that age you very loudly disagreed with the activities of the pure blooded society. Very much ahead of your times if you ask me. You ate at the table politely, and stayed away from the other kids and I. Which I cannot blame you for. This parties were awfully dreadful."

"How come I never noticed you at the gatherings? I only knew of you. I had no idea what you looked like until the sorting ceremony." Sirius was curious. Vera could tell from the look on his face that he was recalling every past party that she could have been at.

"Mother did not like me to show my face. I have a white vale with golden engraving that I wear in the presence of my mother."

"Wait! You were that girl that wore white everything and never showed her face! You were the only interesting thing at those bloody parties! I could never figure out who you were! I liked guessing what you looked like. Kept my mind away from the fact that I was surround by pure blooded supremacists!" Sirius face had lit up. He looked as if he just solved the hardest puzzle ever, before he looked troubled once again,"wait, why did your mother have you hide your face?"

Vera's face went pale. Well paler. She was not supposed to leak that information.