sixteen

The bell rang, saving Vera from having to formulate an emotional response. Which she was thankful for.

"I better help Professor Mcgonagall clean up the class, I will meet you by the Black Lake during your free period after dinner. Have a good day Black."

Before Sirius could say a word, Vera was across the classroom helping put away books and tucking in chairs.

"Bye," he whispered to the emptiness an exquisite figure occupied just moments before.

He basked in the scent of her perfume for a few seconds too long for it to be not creepy. Then turned to find his three best mates, plus Lily just staring at him.

"Did you just sniff the air like a dog?" Lily asked, being the only one out of the animagus loop, she was then left to stare at the four boys who were in hysterics at Lily's remark.

"No—well maybe...Vera smells really good! Like flowers! Merlin I don't know what kind but they must be beautiful! Her scent is as sweet as honey and chocolate!"

"Padfoot you're sounding crazy and a tad bit creepy again. Normal people don't obsess over how people smell."

"Phh—Like you're one to talk Prongs you smell Lily whenever she is close enough or when you can sneak into her dorm. Don't lie, you're worse than I am!"

"Padfoot bloody hell! Lily is right there! You sure are a right git sometimes! So much for best mates!"

Lily was laughing, normally she would be creeped out by James and his habits. But a part of her already knew, and enjoyed his attentiveness to things like her smell. Plus it was nice to see the boys invested in something else than wrecked other peoples lives.

Remus was the one to say, "alright we should head to lunch, then we have potions and you two can see you're special someone's."

"Who two?"

"special someone's?"

"What are you talking about?"

Those came from Lily, James, and Sirius respectively. Peter understood Remus' joke so he was just snickering off to the side.

"You know, Sirius gets to see Vera and Lily gets to see dear ol' Sluggy"

Sirius and Lily were gobsmacked, while James just took it upon his duty to defend the platonic love of his life, and the romantic love of his life.

"My Lily Flower's standards aren't that low! And Vera is only 92% of the reason Sirius would go to potions!"

"What's the other 8%?" Peter asked, not even bothering to cover his laughter.

"Well brotherhood of course! Where ever one Marauder goes we all go!"

Remus decided to have a little fun,"So you're saying while we're worth 8%. Vera, a girl he barely knows and was scared of a week ago is worth 92%? Glad our friendship means so much to you Padfoot. I get it. That's fine." Remus could barely hold a straight face as he "ranted" to Sirius, he resorted to storming off towards the Great Hall.

Sirius tried to save his ass. Chasing after Remus with Peter, James, and Lily on his tail. "Mate! It's at-least 50/50 I swear! Scouts honour!" He held up the scout salute.

"You weren't a bloody scout Sirius! The only reason you know what a scout is, is because I told you! And that's not the scout salute you blithering idiot, that's a peace sign!"