twenty five

a/n : hey guys! I don't want to bother anyone. However I am wondering if this book is actually good. I really love writing it, and I have a plan for the storyline. But I do want to make sure it is actually enjoyable and doesn't suck completely haha. Any comments would be greatly appreciated. Thank you to anyone that has voted on any chapter it means the world! Now for the chapter...hope you enjoy! 💓

"Let's get back to the questions!" Vera exclaimed trying to regain her control on the situation. "When is your birthday? Did you hear that muggles have these things called horoscopes and you have a certain symbol for the date you were born."

Vera could tell that Sirius, along with the other boys did not want to let her statement go. They were far too curious. She could see that Sirius was about to interject and bring the conversation back to focus on her so she immediately turned to the three other boys. "What about you boys? I know that Remus' birthday is March 10th." Vera immediately backtracked, "and I know that because of the invites I got from your parents for your parties!" She paused, "which I responded to..."she said quietly before remembering her audience, she wildly waved her hands in front of her. "Not that I didn't want to go! I mean happy late birthday Remus!" She told Remus, "I am sure they were lovely parties!"

Vera heard a smack and locked up from her fingers to see Sirius hitting Remus, "why does Vera know your birthday and not mine! Totally unfair Moony!"

Vera sighed in relief, it seems that the conversation about her mom was forgotten.

Peter before Sirius and Remus could begin fighting butt it, "my birthday is March 21 he said." He then looked to James to continue, to which he did, "my birthday is March 27." James laughed, "Sirius is the only one who does not have a birthday in March!"

The three boys as well as Vera turned to Sirius waiting for his answer. Well only Vera waiting for the answer as the boys already knew. "My birthday is November 3" to which Vera could not hide the surprise on her face.

Remus was the first to vocalize the question all the Marauders were wondering. Why did Vera look so surprised? "Vera? Is the look on your face because of a hatred for November? Or maybe the number three?"

Sirius butt it, "or maybe surprise over the fact that a person like me doesn't have a holiday for my day of birth to celebrate how great I am?"

Vera shook her head, "no. No. None of that, It's just, that is my birthday as well."

It was quiet for a few seconds. The boys pondering over the knowledge of why she was so surprised. It was a stiff silence. The only sound being the water in the Black Lake rippling and slapping against the dock. Faintly the sound of kids could be heard coming from the school. However between the five students it was quiet. Peaceful.

Until Peter broke the silence, and bellowed out with a wide toothy grin, "YOU GUYS ARE TWINS! IT IS FATE!"

It was mere milliseconds before both Vera and Sirius had ducked their heads and buried their foreheads into their hands.

Sirius peeked through his fingers to see James grinning, and Remus flicking Peter in the forehead and mumbling something "about ruining the moment."

Sirius finally mustered the courage to look at Vera who had her face still in her hands. He stepped forward and pried her hands off her face. He brought them down to waist level but still did not let go.

The look in his eye should have sent Vera running. The mischief in one singular grey eye should have been a sign yet she just kept eye contact. She should have been prepared for anything that came out of his mouth. Yet she was not ready for what ended up exiting that gorgeous mouth of his.

"Can't fight fate soulmate."

Can't fight fate indeed. —— Wait Soulmate??