Birthdays and Bros

Jae was born on August 24th, 1998. This year, she was swamped in work. The group was planning a comeback for mid February and she was totally busy writing lyrics, making music, learning dances, and recording songs. She totally forgot about her birthday.

Unlike Jae, the boys clearly remembered their youngest member's birthday and had been planning it to be perfect for quite awhile. They left her alone for the morning, but later claimed that they needed to head to the studio to practice the songs they had so far.

"Come on Jae. We need to go practice with the band." Namjoon said as he poked his head into Jae's studio.

"Oh, ok. Let me go get changed and I'll join you guys in the car." she said. She headed back to her room and grabbed a pair of ripped black jeans, a white shirt, a black sweatshirt, and a denim jacket. She completed the outfit with a pair of white Timberlands and walked out to meet the guys in the van. She sat in between Jimin and J-Hope where she promptly curled up to Jimin and fell asleep for the 20 minute ride.

"Guys, she's sleeping." Hoseok announced quietly.

"Namjoon hyung, you contacted him right?" Taehyung said.

"Yep, he said he'll be here around 2:00." RM confirmed.

"Ok, that gives us about an hour to get the balloons and cake and flowers." Jin said.

"Did you all put your presents in that little closet in the room?" Suga questioned. He got 7 nods of confirmation.

They had reached their building by the time they went over their plans again. Jimin woke Jae up and they all headed up to the little studio that they used to practice their songs in. The band was just setting up and all the chairs, mics, and sheet stands had been readied. The group took their positions and practiced their songs until about 1:50 when Namjoon got a text saying Jae's surprise was here.

"Alright guys, let's take a quick break. I'm going to head to the bathroom real quick." he said.

"Jimin-ah, do you wanna take a quick walk with me. I need to stretch my legs." Jin said.

"Sure, I'll come with you." The three boys left and headed into other areas of the building to prepare Jae's surprise. Jin and Jimin got the cake ready and started to light candles. They walked out to meet Namjoon and the main surprise, handing him the cake to hold while the others grabbed balloons and flowers. They quickly walked to the studio and waited outside of the door.

"Ok, on the count of 3, we open the door and start singing. 1...2...3!" The door burst open and all the boys burst out into song as Jae snapped her head to the sudden noise. But her eyes zeroed in on one particular boy standing there with the cake in his hands, yelling the birthday song along with her members.

"OH MY GOD JIHUN OPPA!" she screamed before flinging her phone onto the table and running towards him. Jin quickly grabbed the cake and held it while Jae's older brother held his arms open for Jae. She leaped into his embrace and buried her face into his neck, crying. He held her and patted her back as they finished the song.

"Hi JaeJae." he said in his deep voice. She hadn't seen him a couple years since he was always busy when she was free and they couldn't really coordinate times to meet. They talked a lot but seeing each other in person was so much different and so much better.

"Oh my god. When? How? Oh my god, you're actually here." she said in between sobs.

"The boys invited me for your birthday. I have a couple days off so I took a train here to spend your birthday with you." he answered.

"Wait. Oh wait. Oh my god, it's my birthday." she suddenly realized, slipping back onto the ground while still holding onto her brother as if he would disappear if she let go.

"Happy birthday Jae-ah!" The boys yelled as she looked around. She continued to cry tears of joy as she walked around and hugged all the guys.

"Thank you so much!" she said as she walked back to her brother and hugged him again. Jungkook handed her some tissues and she cleaned off her face as she calmed down.

"Jae, try the cake!" Jin said.

"Wah, it's such a pretty cake." she said as she stared at the beautifully decorated cake. Suddenly, someone smeared cream onto her cheek. "Aaaah! Come on!" she yelled as V ran away laughing. The other boys started to dig their fingers into the cream and attack her face with the delicious treat.

"Jae, let's open presents." Jimin suggested after the cream incident finally ended.

"Aw, you guys bought me presents too? Was bringing my brother here not enough?" she cooed.

"Of course we bought you presents, now open mine first." Jin said.

She tore the wrapping paper off to reveal a box of shoes. "Oh my god, these are the pair I was looking at three weeks ago in that one store we went to when we were shopping! When did you even buy them?" she said. The oldest shrugged as V thrust his present into Jae's face.

"Ok, ok. I'll open yours." He had bought her two entire outfits selected from various designer stores across the world. "Oh wow. Holy shit. There's a lot of Gucci." she said as she carefully placed everything back into the box it was in. Taehyung was smiling sheepishly at the unraveling of the expensive gifts.

"JaeJae, this one." Jungkook handed her a small box. Jae opened it to reveal matching gold bracelets, with his and her name etched onto the band. They were the type you could just slide onto your hand.

"Wow. They match. One for me and one for you. Thank you Jungkookie." she smiled as she handed him his bracelet.

Jae opened the rest of the presents which consisted of new speakers, some things for Satang, two giant plushies, matching onesies and finally from her brother, a necklace with a locket attached with a picture of them as kids in it.

"Thank you guys so much, I don't know what I'd do without you all!" she said.

"Group hug!" someone yelled and everyone mushed together, Jae in the middle of it all.

Author's Note:

another chapter bois! this one was kinda cute and i thought i needed to show her bro a lil more lol cuz y'all haven't really ever met him and whatnot

i might do a little more detailed chapter about her and her bro later but this is it for now

kajwrhgawurg hope y'all liked it!

thanks for 10.7K!