Surprise Solo Song (Boys' Reactions)

Author's Note:

aight mah dudes here is the reaction version of the previous chapter. enjoy bois!

--------------------

The boys finished their song and quickly headed backstage to the dressing room. They were drenched in sweat and panting from the effort they had just put into the performance. Just as they reached the dressing room, bursting in as they searched for fans and tissues, Jae's voice sounded from the screen.

Namjoon looked around as he questioned the noise. "Guys. Why is Jae speaking up there?"

Jae's manager butted in to explain since he already knew what was going on. "Just watch. I'm sure Jae would want you to see this." He smiled reassuringly, nodding towards the screen.

"Guys. I've been battling some demons for awhile now. And I realized it's time to let go. And it's time for me," she paused, "to love myself. Here's to past memories."

The boys stared in awe when the lights turned on and Jae appeared wearing the most beautiful dress ever.

"Oh man holy shit." Jungkook whispered, eyes fixed on the beautiful girl on screen.

"Jae?" Yoongi questioned.

"Oh, I'm haunted by the ghost of you. Tryna keep from going under, but I can't get over you."

"Is this a cover or did she write this?" Hoseok asked, looking back at her manager.

"She wrote it. Just watch for now and she'll explain everything later." he said, shutting down any other questions the boys had.

"Memories, memories. Everything you said to me, said to me. Oh but now you're dead to me, dead to me. Now you're just a memory."

"I wonder what this is about." Taehyung said as he watched Jae continue singing.

"Ghost of you. Ghost of you. Ghost of you."

The stage lights were flashing and they caught glimpses of Jae pulling the dress off.

"What is she doing?" Jin said.

Jae's outfit underneath was revealed and the boys were all confused but struck by the raw beauty. It was when she started dancing that they lost their questions, completely pulled in by the performance that Jae was putting on.

"Damn that was a hard move!" Jimin yelled. "Our Jae is doing great!"

Her dancing paused as she sung the next few lines.

"All my life I've been haunted. Haunted by the ghost of you. And I think I'm going under. And I can't get over you. Memories. Memories. Everything you said to me, said to me. Oh but now you're dead to me, dead to me. Now you're just a memory, memory."

And then she started to pull off stunts and dance with so much passion. The boys were speechless, jaws on the ground as they stared at the screen without saying a word. The stage looked as if it was on fire from all the flames and smoke that went off during Jae's performance. She finally landed on her knees and the boys saw the single tear roll down her cheek as she sang the last few words of the song, hitting each note perfectly.

"Memory. Now you're just a memory."

The lights turned off and the boys just continued to stare as if they expected something else to happen. It was when Jae burst through the door, panting from the performance that they snapped back to reality and realized that the girl with the answers to their questions had arrived.

"Jae!" the boys yelled.

"Oh, uh, hi?" she said, before gulping down some water and grabbing the tissue that was handed to her to wipe her face of the sweat that had accumulated.

"You wanna tell us what that was?" Yoongi said. She took a deep breath before explaining.

"Well, I've been super stressed recently because of the comeback. And I've been super tired. Not just tired of working, but tired of living in the past. I thought it was time I step up and love myself and fight the stupid thoughts. So I did. Music has been with me for so long and it's what I do best. So I used it to make myself strong. And I'm over it. I'm over them. I have you, I have my brother, I have ARMY, I have our staff and managers and PD-nim, I have so many friends. I don't need my parents anymore. They're just a memory now. And that's what this song was about. It was about letting go and moving forward and coming to a point where I can start loving myself and my future."

The boys just stood there in shock until Jungkook came up to her, pulling her into a hug. The rest of the boys snapped to their senses and rushed in to join the hug, forming a huge group hug.

"Thank you guys. I look forward to creating GOOD memories with you."