The Little Things

Author's Note:

daaaaamn it's been a minute since i've interacted with y'all...I MISSED U GUYS! how's everyone doing? hopefully better than me cuz i'm sick af and i've just been sketching and watching stuff and trying to think of ideas to write about.

first things first i would like to thank you all because *drum roll* we have hit another huge milestone! we have surpassed 300K and it's all thanks to you guys! honestly didn't expect to log on and see my read count that freaking high i was jungshooketh. thank you guys so much for loving and supporting this book even if i've been AWOL.

secondddd here's a quick little chapter with super short scenarios of the little things the male members of bts do for our jaejae. kind of like a "bts taking care of jae" chapter i guess. hope y'all enjoy it!  💜

-------------------

1. Massages

Since all of the members are active and work nonstop, it's common for their muscles to be tense and stiff from long days. All eight of them were backstage after a concert rehearsal when Jin caught Jae rubbing the back of her neck uncomfortably. As soon as they were done discussing, the eldest walked over to where Jae was sitting, wordlessly working the knots out of Jae's neck and back. Jae closed her eyes in satisfaction as Jin's hands kneaded her skin carefully.

2. Wardrobe Fixes

a. Jae walked out of her dressing room to the main area where the other members were lounging or getting their hair and makeup done. She headed to a couch but was stopped by Taehyung. He straightened out the shirt she was wearing and bent down to tie the shoes she had left undone. He got up and looked at her with a smile. "There you go," he said, giving her a thumbs up.

b. Jae was called out to head to the stage entrance along with the other members and she quickly got up, tossing her phone to the side and following Namjoon's figure down the hallway. Right before they entered stage, the eight members shot reassuring smiles to each other, silently wishing the group best of luck on their performance that night. Hoseok quickly noticed her hair had moved out of place and reached forward, brushing the strands away from her face. He found the clip that had fallen out of place and quickly pinned the hair back so it wouldn't distract her performance. He smiled and turned back around, assured that the female maknae would kill the stage with her skills and looks.

3. Sleeping

Anyone who knew Jae for a few weeks would observe that the girl could fall asleep anytime and anywhere, no matter how uncomfortable the position was. The boys would often find their maknae fast asleep in awkward positions. But the boys knew exactly how to deal with it. Namjoon walked out to the living room, finding Jae half on the couch and half not, fast asleep. He slowly moved her body to rest on the couch comfortably and walked back to his room, grabbing a pillow and blanket. He lifted her head, placing the pillow under it and then covered her body with the blanket, tucking her in and patting her head before smiling and leaving her to sleep.

4. Graduation

Every member made sure to help Jae get ready and be on time to her graduation. They headed up to the balcony, eyes never leaving their little girl as they smiled and clapped, proud of their maknae for graduating with honors. They continuously pointed her out and waved to her while they watched the ceremony and presented her with flowers after the ceremony ended. Of course, Jae had to treat the whole group to food that night but it was fine with her because she loved the members just as they loved her.

5. Speaking

The boys were always so proud to see their maknae progress in seemingly trivial areas. For some of the other members it was much easier to make speeches in front of large audiences and while the girl was shy during the first year or two, the members slowly coaxed her to start speaking as well. It was at an award show when BTS was called up and as soon as Namjoon finished speaking, Jae stepped forward and said a few words of thanks to ARMYs. The boys stood around her, smiling proudly at not only the award they had just won but also their female member's advancement to making a short speech.

6. Food

Jae walked to where Jimin was eating his food and clobbered him in a backhug for a few seconds. Jimin took it nonchalantly and after she got off, standing to the side, he looked at her. He looked back at his food, grabbed some with his chopsticks, and held it out to the girl, feeding her when she came closer to eat.

7. Dealing With Her Antics

The youngest of the group was known to play around with the members, pulling little pranks on them or slapping them or throwing things at them. They were at a fansign when a fan handed Jae a medium sized plushie. Jae immediately looked at Yoongi who was sitting next to her and she brought her arm back, ready to smack Yoongi's back with the plushie. It hit him and he looked over before crying out in mock pain. She giggled like a baby before taking the plushie and hitting him over the head with it twice. "Ah! Why do you do this to me? Go hit Jin hyung!" he said, smiling at her laughter.

8. Spoiled

The boys enjoyed spoiling their maknae. If she wanted something, she was sure to get it. She never took advantage of that though, except this one time at a fansign. She was sitting next to Jin who saw a toy she got and grabbed it out of her hands, inspecting it himself. She stared at him before putting a mic to her and saying, "Jungkook oppa?" The boy looked over at Jae. "Jin stole my toy. I want it." Jungkook didn't hesitate as he walked up behind Jin and quickly grabbed the toy, shaking his head at the oldest member in a humorous way and then turning around to give the toy to Jae with a smile.

9. Jackets

a. Because Jae was sensitive to temperature, she would get cold easily. The boys knew this and would always provide her with their jackets to keep their youngest warm. They were outside during the shoot for Save Me when it started to rain and Hoseok immediately walked over to Jae, covering her in his jacket and zipping it up all the way. "Gotta keep you warm," he said, smiling.

b. The group was at a concert venue, taking a break from rehearsal and Jungkook saw Jae in only a t-shirt. He took off his hoodie and pulled it over the girl's head, bringing it down and smoothing it out. He grabbed the hood and put it over her head, laughing at how big the hoodie looked on her. He hugged her and then walked back to his position.