Teddy Bear

Author's Note:

another chap??? we're on a roll bois we rly bout to bust out all these chapters before school starts lmaooo. the ideas have just been flowing and i love doing this for y'all!

i got a couple requests and concerning messages about being deprived of jaemin so for all u jaemin shippers this is a quick little chapter for you guys :))))) LOVE YOU!!!

-------------------

The group was getting ready to leave home and travel once again to America for the BBMA's. Jae was outside, loading her luggage into the van and getting ready to leave. The group would be in two cars, one with Jae, Jungkook, Yoongi, and Hoseok and the other holding Jimin, Jin, Namjoon, and Taehyung.

Jae hopped into the car, taking a seat between Jungkook and Hoseok. She immediately curled up into Jungkook's side as the car started to move away from their home and towards the airport. They were leaving extremely early in the morning and Jae had been up watching a kdrama so she decided to sleep on the car ride. She was almost in a deep sleep when she jolted awake, untangling herself from Jungkook. Her eyes were wide in realization and she pushed the hood of her sweatshirt down frantically.

"What happened?" Jungkook asked.

"I forgot the teddy bear!" Jae said, her eyes filling up with tears. "I left it at home! It's on my desk! It was right next to my luggage, I was supposed to grab it before we left!"

"It's ok, I can buy you one later if you want!" Hoseok said cheerily but Jae shook her head wildly.

"No, you don't understand I need that bear!" she said, emphasizing the "need".

"It's the one Jimin gave to her during our trainee days," Yoongi cut in. Jungkook and Hoseok finally realized which one she was talking about and tried to calm her down.

The bear was one of Jae's most prized possessions. If she had to spend nights anywhere away from home, she would bring the little brown teddy along with her. It was a simple little bear, with soft plush brown fur and little black eyes. The bear sported a cute smile and a blue ribbon bow.

It had been a present from Jimin before the group even debuted. Just a couple weeks after Jae had arrived at the dorm, Jimin had overheard Jungkook telling Namjoon that Jae was suffering from nightmares and had been losing a lot of sleep. After all, she was merely 14 years old and away from the only person she could trust, her brother.

The boy couldn't just let their youngest member suffer like that and have it affect her health as well as her ability to continue working towards debuting. The troubled member walked out of the dorm and into streets with barely any money, initially headed for a pharmacy to see if there was a medicine that could help her sleep easier.

As he walked, he chanced upon a toy store. Something compelled him to go inside and when he did, he was greeted by a kind old man.

"Hello! Let me know if I can help you with anything," the man had said to Jimin. Jimin nodded and bowed politely before walking along the aisles. He couldn't fathom the reason for why he could possibly have ended up in a toy store. Just as he turned to leave and continue to the pharmacy, his eyes caught a little brown bear. It was the only one of its kind on the shelf and he quickly walked to it, picking it up gently and examining the bear.

It was soft to touch and the bear's smile made Jimin smile. It reminded him of the young girl back home. Small, cute, and an infectious smile. He looked around for a price tag and his smile quickly dropped when he realized if he bought the bear, he wouldn't have any money left for medicine. With a sigh, he put the bear back on the shelf and walked out, heading for the pharmacy once again.

He quickly arrived at the pharmacy and asked for medicine that could help his dongsaeng sleep. Jimin had the bottle of pills in his hand and as he searched for his wallet, he came to a sudden stop. He bowed and said sorry to the pharmacist, leaving the pills on the counter and running out of the shop back to the toy store.

The old man was there to greet him again, smiling at the boy who eagerly walked to the back where the bear was. He picked it up and walked to the counter, paying for it and hugging the bear to his chest as he ran back to the dorms.

He walked in slowly and headed to the bedroom. He peeked in and saw that only Jae was there, writing something in a notebook. He knocked the door lightly, smiling at the girl.

"Hi JaeJae," he said softly, approaching the sitting girl.

"H-Hi," she stuttered, still shy around most of the members.

"I, um, I heard you had some nightmares and couldn't sleep. So I went out to buy medicine. But uh, I didn't get any. But I got you this bear instead. Cuz it's cute. And it reminded me of you. And maybe you can sleep with it. Cuz it'll help you. And maybe it has magic and can take away your nightmares. And then you can dance your heart out the next day without being tired," he rambled nervously, eyes darting around the room. Jae giggled at his reasoning and he quickly handed her the brown bear.

She held it at arm's length, examining it before hugging it to herself. Jimin burst out into a smile at her actions but he didn't expect her to come closer and hug him next. She wrapped her arms around him tightly, burying her face into the boy's chest. He blushed furiously before hesitantly wrapping his arms around her small frame and stroking her hair.

"Thank you Jiminie," she said, the words reverberating through Jimin's body and making him smile even wider, his eyes forming into little crescents.

The bear had been her sleeping buddy for the next few months and she couldn't ever let go of it to this day. The boys were accustomed to it appearing in the laundry every now and then and were glad it could help their youngest member. She had started to take it everywhere with her, especially when they traveled. Unfortunately, she had left the bear at home today and the three boys in the car couldn't figure out how to calm her down as she cried hysterically.

The car finally stopped at the airport and Jungkook was wiping the tears off her face with the pads of his thumbs as she hugged him tight.

"I'm sorry you forgot the bear JaeJae. You can come cuddle in my room anytime you want!" he said, trying to soothe the sniffling girl.

They got out of the car and waited a few moments for the other four members to join them. Jimin came running from the other car, headed straight for Jae, holding a very familiar object in his hands.

"Jae-ah! You forgot your teddy!" he yelled. Jae looked up immediately and ran to meet him halfway. She grabbed the bear out of his hands, hugging it in relief. "I went back into the house to grab my charger and saw it on your desk so I grabbed it," he explained.

She didn't let him say another word and quickly enveloped him in a tight hug, just like the one from when he got her the bear. This time he didn't hesitate to wrap his arms around her frame, the little brown bear in between the both of them.