Beta

Oliver's wolf on top^

I closed the door behind Gavin, hearing a soft whimper that tore my heart in two.

Once we were inside a private room, Gavin practically yelled at me. "What the heck man?! You sounded like a jerk!"

"I had to! Otherwise...." I told Gavin my whole plan and watched his smile grow as I continued.

"That's perfect!" he smiled.

He added his own ideas to my marvelous plan. We then walked downstairs to our alpha's office, careful of Gavi. In the office, we tried to sell our idea to Alpha Travis to get his permission. He wasn't convinced at the end of our pitch.

"You want to do all of this, for an omega?" I almost told him off but Gavin put a hand on my shoulder, calming me.

"Yes," I seethe through clenched teeth.

He raised an eyebrow at his mate, Luna Paisge. "She does so much for us and she's a sweet girl, Travis. I say we do it," she gave Alpha Travis a 'you better listen to me' look.

He sighed, leaning back in his chair, "Fine."

I mouthed a 'Thank you' to Luna Paisge. She winked as we left.

"Alright, we have to tell everyone. Gavin, you tell everyone outside the pack house. I'll tell everyone inside."

Gavin grimaced at the thought of seeing them train. He had this weird phobia of sweat, but went anyway. Now to find the rest of the pack. I first went upstairs to work my way down. I only found a few wolves so I went down to the second floor. There was a lot of wolves just lounging around. When I told them, they were reluctant at first, then agreed, realizing how much Gavi has helped. Then I came to the first floor.

When I got there, I saw the table set with our best wine, pork chops, mashed potatoes, and steamed vegetables.

Dang, she can cook too.

Liam growled in appreciation with his tongue out.

Liam, we have a mate.

I know but she's taking so dang long.

Patience.

I know.

Where is everyone? Dinners ready. I walked towards the kitchen, curious. A slurring male voice had Liam perking his ears.

I waited outside to door to hear what was going on. "Well aren't you a pretty one......But an omega. Hmmm," there was a pause then he spoke again, "Trying to resist, are you? Now you've been a bad girl."

If he lays a hand on her I will kill him!

I rushed in and grabbed the hand that was about to strike Gavi. I turned him around and punched him in the face. Not enough to knock him out but enough to stun him.

"Get out of here," I growled at Fay. Fay is the pack drunk no wonder he would target Gavi. She is beautiful.

Stop! We have a mate!

I know. I know...

He bowed his head and left. "Thank you, Oliver," Gavi mumbled in her sweet voice.

"It's Beta Oliver to you," I sneered. I couldn't let her in on it yet. As much as it hurt, I knew it would be worth it.

I stalked out of the room, feeling guilt weigh down on his chest.

Why would you do that!?

I have to keep up the act, Liam.

My wolf growled but left it alone. He likes Gavi but of course, we are 22 and have yet to find our mate. He wants to wait. I'm not going to lie and say I didn't like Gavi but like Liam, I will wait faithfully for our mate.