SHE'S WHAT!?

Gavi.

She's mine all mine.

The perfect mate.

The one I've been waiting for.

She is definitely worth the wait.

I looked away from her face, thinking. She hasn't seen me yet.

Do we even deserve her?

No, we don't but I won't reject her just because I don't deserve her. We need each other, mates are like oxygen to each other. Once they meet they become one.

Preach.

I chuckled and lifted my eyes trying to find Gavi's face again. After five minutes of searching the crowd, I got worried. I searched the whole house before coming back to the crowd of people that hadn't even noticed Gavi's absence.

STUPID INCONSIDERATE PEOPLE!

Liam, calm down. You might do something you will regret.

NO! I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

I felt Liam trying to break through, but I fought it.

He was too strong.

A loud growl erupted from Liam as he took control of my body. All the music and conversation stopped as they stared in fear at his large canines.

"WHERE ... IS ... MY ... MATE!!" Liam roared. His hands were shaking and his chest heaving with anger. No one dared approach him.

Gavin walked over showing his neck in surrender. Liam nodded letting Gavin approach. "May I ask who your mate is," Gavin asked steadily.

Liam replied as calm as possible but it ended up more like a growl, "Gavriella."

A series of gasps of shock and jealousy rolled through the crowd.

Suddenly, an unusual and gross scent hit Liam's nose.

Rouge.

I growled from inside Liam's mind.

Gavin whispered under his breath, "She's been taken."

Shift Pov

Shift Pov

I lifted the lid on the small box to reveal a beautiful crystal necklace with my name engraved in silver. My eyes brimmed with tears as I took it out of the box.

"SURPRISE!!!" everyone jumped out of their hiding spots scaring the living crap out of me.

I chuckled in shock, no signs of tears left on my face. The situation still wasn't processing in my mind.

Gavin hugged me after the music had started. "Is this what the breakfast was about?" I hollered, slightly swaying my hips to the music.

He nodded and laughed, "You deserve the best."

I blushed at his seriousness, shaking my head with a wide smile.

The next twenty minutes were uneventful except for a few people who had the courtesy to come up and say happy birthday.

I don't care how they acted, I still felt very loved and appreciated. I couldn't get the stupid grin off my face.

Gavin excused himself to the restroom leaving me alone. Just then a faint smell hit my nose. It was a delicious smell of rainwater and warm sugar. They strangely complimented each other. I lifted my eyes, searching for my mate. Today is going to be the best day of my life.

I should have knocked on wood.

A gloved hand covered my eyes and a cloth was pressed to my mouth. I tried screaming but it was nothing compared to the booming music.

Black dots started to cloud my vision as I struggled greatly against the person holding me. They must have been a warrior or of high rank because they were holding me easily as if my struggling didn't faze them.

My eyes blacked out, but strangely, I was still sensitive to sound.

The man dragged my limp body out to a car and shoved me inside. I'm guessing I was thrown into the trunk because of the span of sound as he shut it.

I am in deep trouble.