Setbacks

We all arrived at the pack house in record time. The wolves returning to either their posts or their homes.

I slid off Oliver's back and hugged his neck. "Thank you."

He gave me a wolfy grin then licked my face.

"Ewww, gross, " I laughed. An omega came running out, holding two pairs of basketball shorts and one of Gavin's spare shirts.

Oliver took one of the shorts in his mouth and darted behind a tree, Gavin did the same. Villa's small bony wolf took the shirt, smelling it first, and walked behind a tree.

I looked over to the pack house to see many curious eyes poking out of every window. They saw me looking, and scattered.

Wonder what's going on.

I think we are about to find out.

What do you mean?

Alpha Travis burst through the back door, fuming. Luna Paisge was following behind him, trying to calm him.

He was looking straight at me.

I gulped, already cowering. He kept advancing, until he stood right in front of me. He was breathing heavily in anger, and Luna Paisge stopped following him, she just watched.

There was a moment of silence before he spoke.

"You're pathetic."

I fell to the grass a moment later. He had slapped me so hard that when I hit the ground it hurt my shoulder. My left eye slowly began to blur, an intense sting overwhelmed the left side of my face. It felt like fire all over.

Red liquid started to cloud my left eye. What the heck!? I need to focus on something else, the pain is so intense. My mind went to my mom, she was the one who taught me to block out pain. I will never forget.

*Flashback*

"You're going so high, darling!" My mother smiled from behind me.

"Wee!!" I giggled every time we went down.

"Higher! Higher!"

"Honey, you might fall, " my mom started concerned.

I didn't care I just wanted to touch the sky, "Higher!"

"Okay," my mom said, worried.

She pushed me really hard. I was soaring through the sky. The wind was surrounding me like a cacoon. I was so close to touching the clouds...

Then I fell on my face. "Gavriella!"

My mom came running over she lifted me into her lap and wiped my tears that couldn't seem to stop.

I was in so much pain, everything hurt and my arm was burning.

"MOM! I CAN'T MOVE MY ARM!" I screamed.

She looked down at my mishaped arm and pulled my head to her chest. "Don't look at it, baby, focus on something else. Let's sing a song."

"What song?"

"Let's sing a lullaby."

Why are you abowin', slender mountain rowan? Bending your head so low, to the ground below.

We sang and sang till I calmed down, then she called the doctor.

*End of Flashback*

And across the high road, over the wide river. Standing alone and lonely, a stately oak tree bends to her.

I didn't move. I could faintly hear the yelling of Luna Paisge she wasn't happy with our Alpha. Their yelling was getting more annoying, causing a headache. After, a few seconds that felt like minutes, a loud roar echoed through the forest.

I refused to move, that roar would chill anyone to the bone. I heard fast footsteps, a huge thud, then loud growling.

Oliver had attacked our Alpha. He is gonna get himself killed.

To say the least, he lost

After the fight I found myself in the pack hospital. The nurses tried to get me to do a full checkup but all I took was a bandage on my lower eyebrow for my cut.

I was determined to find Oliver and kill the son of a gun that took me.