The End-ish

I woke up in a bright, white room. And let me tell you, that's not my favorite thing to wake up to.

Slowly, my eyes adjusted and I became more alert, taking in as much detail as possible.

I was on the second floor, judging by the height of the window. There was a roley table for me, a sink with counters and cupboards, two waiting chairs, a roley chair, a bathroom, a tv, and a whiteboard with medical information.

I noticed that the room was so bland. It needed some colorful curtains or something. I'll make a note of that to tell the alpha.

A quiet knock drew my attention to the door.

Liam smelled her before I did and a huge wolfy girn spread on his face.

Our beautiful mate.

Liam sighed, patiently awaiting her touch.

Gavi entered timidly, but smiled instantly upon seeing me. Her scent got stronger the closer she came. I want her next to me. "We have only been mates for a day or two, I don't even know, and yet, we've spent so much time apart."

She grabbed my hand and Liam purred with delight even though he wasn't fully satisfied. Gavi seemed to be in the same boat for she still looked restless.

"Can I lay down with you?" She finally mustered.

"Of course you can, sweetheart."

She smiled shyly and crawled under the covers. I silently hissed at the pressure put on my healing ribs. But her touch and her scent made me feel better.

"Don't call me that," she whispered, relaxed.

I felt her sigh heavily. "Why not?" 

Her forehead was hot as i kissed it lightly.

We stayed silent for a few minutes, our breathing steadily paced. I gently rubbed circles on her back while she drew patterns on my chest.

I kissed her head and tilted her head toward mine. In her eyes I could see tears welling.

"What's wrong?" I whispered against her forehead.

She closed her eyes, taking in this moment but didn't answer. She focused on my cool breath on her forehead and the warmth she felt from touching me. "Why did you do it?"

I smiled and replied, "Do what? Beat the crap out of the alpha or do that stuff to you?"

"Are you sure that you beat up the alpha and not the other way around?"

The last of Gavi's tears soaked my shirt as she giggled.

Liam whimpered at the beautiful sound he and I loved so much. I let out a chuckle and a lovesick sigh.

I gently kissed her head and began, "I did it because I wanted you to know that we truly do love you and care about your well being. We wanted you to know how special you are. I wanted to tell you how I felt but I feared that I would get too attached and it would break my heart when you found a mate. I was so happy to find you were my mate but was so sad I had to wait to have you. Liam was going crazy without you and so was I. And when the Alpha hurt you it sent me into overdrive. No one gets to touch you like that."

My eyes had become dark and my fist was clenched tightly. Though the sight was appealing, Gavi grabbed my hand and kissed it ever so gently. My hand soon became limp in hers.

Liam was howling in delight craving more of her sweet lips.

I stared in Gavi's beautiful eyes just admiring what was mine and suddenly chuckled.

Gavi blinked wondering if she did something stupid.

"What's so funny?"

I smiled gently, "Liam wants to kiss you really bad.

Gavi winked, "He'll just have to wait."