What!?

I don't know how, but I just jolted awake. Man, that was a strange dream.

It was about a man that wouldn't stop following me. Everywhere I went, he was there. It was strange and kinda scary.

Wait. What time is it!? It's dark out. Oh no. I turned on my phone. 7:30 Crap!

Fear erupted from my chest sending butterflies through my stomach and pretty much everywhere. Alpha Travis will be enraged.

I threw on some jeans, boots, a red blouse, and brushed my hair. Decent enough.

I crept down the stairs hoping no one was around, but I unfortunately heard chatter from the dining room. It was quite cheery so I hoped I was in no trouble.

I was so busy trying to figure out a game plan that I didn't realize how clean the house was till later on. Maybe Alpha Travis won't be too mad when he finds out why I was late.

I let out a deep breath then descended the few remaining stairs into the dining room. I took a quick look around.

Everything was different somehow but I didn't have time to dwell on why. A loud growl echoed through the house, leaving it shaking in fear at the sheer power. Much like myself.

I bowed my head out of respect as did everyone else in the room, even his mate. "Where were you?" he seethed, anger escaping from every pore in his body. It rolled off of him in waves.

"I uhhhhh . . . I uhhhhh . . ," I croaked trying to come up with an excuse, but my tongue was dry and my mind blank.

I failed.

"I overslept," my voice cracked with shame.

Alpha Travis was practically boiling with anger. Luna Paisge saw this and took him to his office to calm him down. Once he was gone I willed myself to stop shaking. I will have to thank her later.

Of course, since Alpha Travis was gone. Oliver filled in, "What is wrong with you? You had one job. That was to feed the pack and clean the pack house. You chose that job. I'd expect you to do it."

The quiet but angry tone he spoke in, scared me so much more than Alpha Travis did. It also hurt so much worse. He took a deep breath from his extensive dialogue then continued. Tears were already involuntarily pouring down my face, blurring my vision. I bit my lip to keep from crying out and sobbing.

"Your just a worthless omega. Nothing more," he spat, advancing on me. I did everything in my power to not back away from a dominant. Why did he have to be so brutal? From anyone else it wouldn't have hurt half as bad. The pain was so much more raw. Well, another night of crying myself to sleep it is, she thought sarcastically.

"I should punish you for what you've done," his hot breath fanned my face making me want to curl into myself.

He raised his hand to strike me. I whimpered, clenching my eyes shut and waiting for the blow. All my mind could process was fear and betrayal. Oliver had barely touched me before, let alone hit me. There was a period of silence in the room before I opened my tear stained eyes.

Oliver put down his hand and stormed out the front door. It was like he could barely stand the sight of me. I sunk down on my knees and started crying. This would have never happened if I'd set an alarm. Like I thought I should have. I'm so stupid.

Everyone soon filed out slowly, probably getting tired of my sobbing. Something else I can't do right. Some people were nice and gave apologetic smiles.

The last people to come up were Day and Gavin. I didn't know Day very well but she was nice, as I've heard, but you never know.

Gavin helped me up, wrapping me in a bear hug. I gratefully cried into his shoulder. He carefully picked me up bridal style and took me to my room.

Once in my room, Gavin set me on the bed and Day shut the door. They sat next to me rubbing my back and saying nothing, letting me sob noisily into my pillow.

The silence was comforting. And even if I didn't know Day very well, I was extremely grateful for the company.