Alpha's Daughter

I woke up feeling excited. Tomorrow is Gavi's birthday! Maybe I'll find my mate tomorrow or today!

Don't get your hopes up.

I've gotten my hopes up every day since I turned 20 and got disappointed every day since then. I think I can stand one or two more days of disappointment.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

I sighed forgetting all about the happiness I felt a few moments before. A familiar knocking pattern could be heard from my door. It was a special knock that me and my friend, Day, learned, to identify each other. "Come in," I hollered.

"Hey, Oliver. I have something really bad to tell you," Day said seriously and solemly.

"What!?" I immediately sat up possibilities running through my mind. Rogues? Alphas? Vampires? Griffins? WHAT!?

"We were patrolling the border, right?" Day came over and sat next to me on my bed. It felt very uncomfortable considering I was only in boxers.

She was like a little sister to me, but she didn't seem to mind. "Well when we got there, we realized......," she paused for effect, "that you are extremely lonely."

I sighed in relief, filling my hands with my head. She laughed at my slumped-in-relief figure.

"You really are pretty lonely though," she smirked as she commented.

"No dip sherlock," I chuckled.

A period of comfortable silence passed between us as I got dressed. "Plaid and jeans. Hmmmm...dressing up?" Day wiggled her eyebrows.

"Just being prepared," I smiled while tieing my shoes.

We're going to get our mate soon. I can feel it.

How soon?

On... Friday!

Are you sure?

Almost positive.

I hope your right.

"Alright, let's get started on this lovely plan," Day smiled warmly at me.

"Dang

"Dang. Gavriella does a lot more for us than we know," Luna Paisge panted.

"You didn't have to help us, Luna," Gavin said gratefully.

"Well of course I did. Gavriella does so much and Day insisted I help. So here I am," she giggled.

Did I forget to mention that Day is the Apha's daughter? Yes? Well, now you know.

After lunch, we gathered the whole pack and went through with phase one of the plan.

"Is Alpha Travis ready?" Gavin asked.

"Yes, I am. Let's do this," Alpha Travis smirked, temporarily getting over his disgust for Gavi. He might have even been enjoying himself a little bit.

The whole pack sat down at the table with a meal we prepared earlier. We preferred to wait silently so we could hear Gavi's movements. She should be waking up any minute now and realize that she's late for making dinner.

After a few minutes, we heard a loud thud, which was our cue to start up conversations. The sound of hesitant footsteps came slowly down the stairs.