Where am I?

A cold table was pressed firmly against my back, waking me from my slumber. Another day of this and I will grow mad. The only sanity I have left from these past few days is my wolf, Hora, and this girl.

She is about my age with short white hair, ragged brown clothes, and bright blue eyes.

Since coming here, I have learned her name is Villa, pronounced Vee-yuh.

As far as my wolf goes, she is pretty chill, quiet, and very reserved. I have tried to speak to her but she is too shy.

I wonder if anyone will notice my being gone. Sure, Gavin would, but would he look for me?

A soft knock held my attention. Of course, this was routine. Twice a day Villa would knock on my door, bringing food.

I sat up in my bed, swinging my legs over the edge. "Come in."

The company is mostly pleasant, depending on the character.

She came in with her whiteboard tucked under her arm and a tray in her hands.

"Hello, Villa. How are you? Found your mate yet?" I asked messing with the crystal necklace hanging from my neck.

That's another topic that doesn't pertain to me. I have not found my mate yet. I'm kinda glad though, that means my mate is not in this pack. Thank the Moon Goddess.

Villa set the tray on the tiny dresser in the corner that remains empty. She then sat next to me, writing on her board.

No.

"I'm sorry. Is your dad letting up?"

Thank you, and no he has actually gotten worse.

She lifted her shirt to reveal black and blue whip-slashes on her back.

He used wolfsbane.

I gasped, "What did the pack doctor say?"

He put medicine on to numb it but it has to heal on its own. The poison prevents me from using my werewolf healing.

I growled lowly, she doesn't deserve this.

"You are coming with me if I ever get out of this place. Okay?"

She shook her head frantically. "Why not!?" I demanded.

They will kill me.

Her eyes pleaded with mine but I would not have it. "I will protect you."

She reluctantly nodded after a lengthy stare down. Satisfied, I grabbed my tray and split all my food with her. She tried to object, but I insisted.

We ate with little conversation, trying to force the disgusting food down our throats in order to survive.

Suddenly, a loud growl sounded, shaking the house. That's her cue to leave. She sighed and waved before scurrying out the door.

We will save her.

That was the only thing my wolf whispered before I went to sleep that night. She must really care about Villa to be talking.

 She must really care about Villa to be talking

POV Switch

I don't smell any rouges anywhere!!

Jared paced angrily among the dirt, his claws scraping the ground with every step. (A/N: If you don't know who Jared is you obviously skipped some chapters ;)

We just have to keep looking. They had to have left a clue somewhere.

He shook out his fur before forcing his nose to the ground.

'Have anything yet?' Oliver asked. (A/N: '-' indicate mind-linking)

I could tell it wasn't Liam because Oliver was on the verge of tears, the mate bond is getting too strong. It is hurting him, physically and mentally.

'Not yet, I'm sorry, Oliver'

I heard a quiet sob escape. That sound felt like a stab to my heart. He is my best friend and seeing him like this hurt.

A period of silence reigned over the mind-link, everyone quietly searching. The only sound I heard was the padding of Jared's paws on the soft dirt.

'Beta! We found something!'