Finally. Part 2

I paced, paced, and paced.

Where is she!?

Liam howled and whimpered, longing for the touch of our mate. I was pretty much in the same boat. Once two mates catch the scent, the bond is supposed to be so powerful that they are restless till they touch their mate or reject them. We have been deprived of that, making us restless and furious.

Whoever took our mate will die a slow and painful death.

'Oliver, my mate is here.'

I stopped pacing, curious. I sniffed around finding a familiar scent, vanilla, and lavender.

Liam sighed, soaking in it.

'So is mine.'

I wanted to run and embrace her but, I was smelling something more. I got tense. Another, familiar and far less pleasant, scent filled my nose.

'Rogue'

I shifted, ready to fight off any rogue who must be holding my mate captive. I looked for a rogue with their filthy hands, binding my mate.

Oliver stood by me waiting for someone to come out of the forest. The sound of running footsteps echoed through the forest then came to a sudden halt.

I tensed ready for an attack.

Instead of that, Gavi emerged. My mate.

Liam suddenly started howling and shouting,

Mate, mate, mate!

I was planning on running to her but she ran to me. She enveloped me in a sweet embrace. My mind was finally at peace, her scent, like a cure. Abruptly, she pulled away looking down. Liam growled and I whimpered at the loss of contact. "I'm sorry, Beta."

You idiot! Look what you've done!

I know.

"You are my mate and friend, call me Oliver," Liam made it come out as more of a growl. I pulled her to me once more. She tensed at first, then relaxed into the hug.

Finally, my mate is in my arms and is happy. At least I think she is, I hope she is I might have been stupid but I hope she will still accept me.

I purred, making her giggle. Liam was pleased with the sound.

"Mine," Gavi sighed in my chest.

"Yours," I whispered, kissing her head sweetly.

She looked up at me, her white eyes sparkling. My eyes flickered to her lips, I leaned down. She dodged and kissed my cheek, depriving me of that feeling.

Liam whimpered, having craved that for so long.

Remember, Liam, self-control.

It's SO hard!

Would you rather her accept it and enjoy it, or be forced without response?

Liam just grumbled, but he knew I was right.

"We need to talk later," I sighed and nodded.

We turned our gaze to Gavin, who was staring at something. We turned our heads to see a small girl.

Rogue.

I pushed Gavi behind me. No rogue can be trusted. "Begone rogue," I warned.

Liam smiled at her shaking form. But she didn't budge.

"I said leave!" I crouched, ready to pounce. Gavi pulled on my arm trying to get me to stop. "Oliver! She is innocent!" But there was no stopping me.