Tears

"It's Beta Oliver to you," he sneered.

Why is he being so cruel? At this point I hope Gavin is my mate. I don't like him like that, but it's better than having a rude mate like Oliver. Even if Gavin is my mate I will always like Oliver. A crush, especially one like this, will never go away.

I let only one tear fall then got finished cleaning. Once all the dishes were done I took some leftovers up to my room. I walked in and closed the door.

When I turned on the lights, I almost screamed. Gavin was sitting there smiling, "Hey Gavi."

"Gavin! You scared the living crap out of me!"

"You have living crap?" he asked, his lips twitching into a smile.

I gave him a 'really?' look. He chuckled and patted the spot beside him. I sat down and started digging into my food. "Dinner was delicious by the way. Thank you," he smiled.

"Of course," I mumbled around my food.

"Oliver loved it," he smirked. I blushed and smiled.

"Oh shut up," my smile turned to a frown, "you know..... he's been very boorish lately. Do you think that Alpha Travis is getting to him?"

By the look on his face, you could tell he regretted his comment. "I don't know," he turned his head wanting to change the subject.

For a while we just talked until he had to retire to his room. I got changed into PJs and crawled into bed. The reality of Oliver's harsh words hit me right at that moment. It felt like millions of daggers stabbing me at once.

I cried.

I cried until I fell asleep.

"We can rewrite the stars," my ringtone blared Rewrite the Stars by Zendaya and Zac Ephron

"We can rewrite the stars," my ringtone blared Rewrite the Stars by Zendaya and Zac Ephron. I checked my phone, and it read 6:00 AM.

I hopped out of bed and showered rubbing all the tear tracks off my eyes from the previous night. The shower left me refreshed and clean. I put on a grey knit sweater, my mother's old heart locket, blue denim shorts, and black Adidas. I left my hair in a high ponytail, blow dried and straightened my bangs, and put on lip gloss. It was the only makeup I ever wore.

I quietly snuck into the hallway careful not to wake anyone up. I tip-toed down the stairs, hoping no one was up. Nope, good. Once in the kitchen I made strawberry waffles, eggs, and bacon for breakfast thinking about how my birthday was tomorrow.