Finally. Part 1

I was running through the forest, my heart filled with happiness for some reason.

Mate...Mate...Mate!

My wolf cheered in my head upon seeing a dark brown wolf. He was standing there, looking at me. Why won't he approach me? The pull was be overwhelming, and I longed for his touch.

My heart started pounding, blocking out any other sound. Fearful butterflies beat against the lines of my stomach. What if this is a dream, what if he really isn't here?

No, he has to be, this is too real.

Waking from my slumber, I shot up.

There was no wolf, the mate feeling and happiness gone. Only the lonely sound of thumping on the floor of the stairs enveloped the room.

Wait, thumping on the stairs? Normally I don't get any warning. Suddenly the door burst open, Villa taking its place.

Quick!

She sloppily wrote on her board. She placed the board and marker in her "new" satchel.

I was about to ask about the satchel and her odd behavior, but Villa pushed my "bed" against the door providing little barricade.

"Hey, hey, hey! What are you doing?" I asked agitatedly.

Villa started rapidly feeling every crack and corner of the far wall.

Hora was stirring in my head, feeling my anxiety and anger at not getting any answers.

"Villa!" Villa looked at me then pulled out her board.

You are definitely not underground.

"Okay?" What does that even mean?

There is always a way out.

She wrote.

I would have gotten angrier at how vague she was being, but she seemed pretty distraught.

With the little information she gave me, I gathered that it was an emergency.

With newfound determination, I felt along the walls looking for any holes. Nothing.

Start banging on the walls.

I didn't question her and started banging on the walls. Sudden thumping of footsteps could be heard, quickening my pace.

Slap...Slap...Slap.

I bang some more.

Slap...Slap...Thud.

Huh?

Thud...Thud...Slap.

Is this wood? Why is it here?

The door handle started to jiggle.

"Villa I found wood!" She ran over.

The table squeaked with the pressure of the door being pushed against it.

I'm taking over.

I shifted, trusting the few words Hora spoke.

The door burst open as Hora was tearing through the wood.

Switch POV

Running, running to god knows where, to no avail. Turns out the thing that they found was a rabbit. A rabbit! But a delicious one at that.

We stopped in the woods, all laying down catching our breath.

Well, except for Oliver who wouldn't stop pacing.