Chapter 5

Meanwhile at the Bellas' house....

"Hello, you are listening to 'Mock-appella', the webshow for all you a cappella fans where we talk about the pathetic lives of the performers outside of a cappella. We are here at the Barden Bellas' house because something exciting has finally happened involving these girls. It appears that three of them have been murdered! Isn't it a sight, John?" Gail Abernathy-McKadden Feinberg asked her fellow announcer.

"Indeed it is, Gail! Although I must say that what surprises me most is the fact that all of those girls can live together and the house is still standing. After all, sending women to college was never a good idea," John Smith replied.

"Well, I went to college. It's actually how I ended up here," Gail replied.

"But Gail, I am shocked it has taken this long for someone to murder them. As soon as he finds where the rest of them are hiding out, it's only a matter of time before the rest of them go too."

"John, are you assuming the killer was a man?"

"Of course it was a man! A woman would be too fragile to pull this off."

Gail nodded her head in agreement and looked around.

"Oh! Some of the former Treblemakers are here as well. Let's go see what they have to say about this monstrosity." Gail said as they rushed over to them.

Jesse was still on the phone with Beca when he saw John and Gail rapidly approaching. He told Beca he would call her back tonight and started walking away when John cut him off.

"Jesse Swanson! Is it true that you are still dating Beca Mitchell?"

Before he could answer the question, they overheard Benji say into his phone, "Calm down Emily. You girls will be safe at the Lodge of Fallen Leaves with Aubrey. Jesse and I will be there soon."

"Did you hear that, John? The Bellas are staying at 'The Lodge of Fallen Leaves'. The retreat that was begun by the Bellas' former leader, Aubrey Posen, and is the place where fortune 500 companies send their employees to build teamwork skills." Gail reported, ignoring Jesse's response.

"Yes, Gail. I am both bewildered and aroused that a woman is able to run a retreat...and not as the kitchen help."

"But John, now that we know where they are and have announced their location to our listeners, we can go find them and even better, the murderer should be able to find them!"

"Do not go there!" Jesse interjected. "Can't you just leave them alone? They're clearly going through a tragedy here!"

They both laughed, completely disregarding his comment, and signed off. They turned and walked away to their official "Mock-appella" van, setting off toward the retreat. When Jesse realized that they were leaving, he pulled Benji away from the crowd in attempt to beat the webshow hosts to Aubrey's camp.