Chapter 19

Not long after the killer had left, Emily could hear the sirens of the police cars approaching. They arrived to find a very frightened looking girl with a tear stained face in the back seat of the car. After unlocking the door, one of the officers helped her out of the car and carried her to the other car. They quickly took her back to the police station where they could keep her safe and allow her to be with her remaining friends. It took a few minutes to get her out of the car once they arrived at the station but eventually they walked inside together.

John and Gail could be spotted to the side of the station stuffing donuts into Gail's purse and John's fanny pack. John was holding a coffee carrier while trying to balance as many cups of coffee in it as possible. Just then, some officers had noticed them and walked over to see what they were doing.

"Run, Gail!" John yelled while throwing a donut at one of the officers.

Somehow, they successfully made it out of the building and back to their van to eat and drink their stolen donuts and coffee. This would be a great story to tell on their next radio show.

When Emily and the rest of the officers entered the station, a tall officer with dark hair and glasses approached someone who looked like the chief and pulled him aside.

"What do you mean you lost one of the witnesses?! How did this happen?" the chief barked.

"Well....you see sir...we were taking her to Room 3, and when we turned around she was gone. We've been looking for her but-"

"Find her!"

Lilly looked down at the cops from the ceiling with a small smile on her face. They would never find her.

*****************************************

"Puppets," the killer thought to himself. "They're all my puppets."

The cops were so focused on the rest of the girls that they didn't even see him enter the police station. Despite his bruised face and the limp in his step, he was able to walk right past everyone without raising any suspicion. He was excited. This had become the best game he'd ever participated in, and he was winning. He couldn't help the smile that appeared on his face every time he got to see Emily's heart break more. With each kill he got more confident, more proud of his work. This next one was going to top them all. Even though he couldn't stay to see Emily's reaction, he knew it would be worth it in the end.

Stepping into the interview room, he made sure to keep his face hidden from the blonde sitting patiently on the other side of the table. He knew that she wouldn't go down without a fight, but after defeating the beast that was Fat Amy, he knew he could handle anything. Shutting the door and locking it, he reached down to touch the rope attached to his belt ensuring that it would be ready when he was.

"Hello, Aubrey," he uttered.

His voice made the hair on the back of her neck stand in end giving her indication that something bad was about to happen. She was on her feet in no time ready to use the training that her father gave her should she need it, but her legs wouldn't move. She was frozen in fear knowing that this was the man that had killed so many of her friends. Remembering that her dad had said never to let the opposition get the upper hand, she knew she had to act quickly. Before she realized what she was doing she had hoisted the chair she was just sitting in above her head and threw it at the killer. Unfortunately, that was the distraction he needed and within seconds he was behind her with a rope around her neck that was tightening with every breath. He expertly placed the rope around a hook he had installed into the ceiling and pulled until Aubrey could no longer reach the ground. After a few moments of squirming, her body went limp ;). The killer only had seconds to admire his work before he had to evacuate the building with the knowledge that Aubrey's body would soon be discovered. With one more look he strolled out of the interview room, past every cop, and right through the main doors of the station.

****************************

Emily was being escorted to the same interview room as Aubrey to be around someone she trusted. However, when they opened the door Emily screamed and passed out. Staring back at her was Aubrey's body, suspended from the ceiling. The officer there reacted quickly catching Emily and pulling her into a separate room. She used the radio on her belt to announce that the killer had been inside the station signaling for a lockdown. Emily knew though, that it was too late. He was already gone.