Chapter 13

With Karen out of the room, the Bellas were able to focus on their plan. However, as Aubrey was about to announce her plan, Chloe stumbled in the door laughing, clutching an almost empty bottle of vodka and sounding like her usual self. She tripped over her own foot and landed directly in Beca's lap. 

"Can I get your number?" Chloe slurred.

"Chlo, you already have my number," Beca replied.

"Oh yeah...."

"Um, Aubrey, do you know why Chloe is wasted?"

Before Aubrey could respond, Chloe interjected, "I found Karen's stash!"

At this, Karen re-entered the room and began defending herself. "It's not my stash. I am firmly against drinking," she said as she glared at Chloe, "I confiscated those from other workers and guests!"

"There's none left now," Chloe giggled as she finished off the vodka and let it fall to the floor.

"Hey now! You didn't leave any for the rest of us?" Amy whined.

"This really isn't the best time to be drunk," Beca said.

"Sooooo Becs, now that Jesse's dead..... are you single? Just curious," Chloe said with a wink. Beca pushed Chloe off of her lap and onto the floor.

"That was a little harsh, Chlo," Aubrey commented.

"It's fine. She doesn't know what she's saying. She probably won't remember this anyway," Beca responded.

Then Chloe staggered over to Aubrey and fell into her lap. She pointed at Beca and said, "You are the most beautiful person I've ever seen. I bet you would look even better with your clothes off." 

"OKAY, I think it's time for you to go to bed," Beca suggested.

"Wanna come with?" Chloe asked.

"Aubrey, do you wanna find a place for her to sleep?"

Aubrey stood Chloe up and guided her into another room. As she was leaving she called out, "Goodnight, babe! Love you!"

"Love you too!" Amy yelled back. Beca looked down and shook her head. Chloe had caught her off guard, but she reminded herself it was just the alcohol speaking.

The rest of the group passed out before they could hear Aubrey explain the plan. However, Beca woke up suddenly when she heard a thud come from the room Chloe was sleeping in. She looked over and saw the doorknob rattle.

"She's probably just too drunk to open the door again," Beca thought.

Inside the room, Chloe had awaken to the sight of the killer in her room which had caused her to fall out of the bed and onto the floor. She was attempting to use the bed as a barrier between herself and the killer. But as she ran to the door and grabbed the handle, he stabbed her in the stomach knowing it would be fatal if she didn't get to a hospital soon. Then, the door burst open and a very frightened Chloe fell out of the room. While clutching her stomach, she limped over to Beca.

"What are you doing up?" Beca questioned. She noticed the blood that was pooling on her shirt over the wound, as she ran to meet her. "Dude, you're bleeding!!" 

Chloe collapsed in Beca's arms as they sank to the floor.

"I think I may have been stabbed..." Chloe whimpered.

Beca felt the tears welling up in her eyes at the thought of losing one of her best friends. "GUYS, GET UP!" she yelled hoping that someone could help Chloe. "You're going to be alright, I promise."

"I'm scared."

"I'm so sorry. If I had just stayed with you last night, we could have avoided this." Beca reasoned.

"It's not your fault, okay?"

"I can't lose you too."

"Becs," Chloe said weakly, beginning to close her eyes, "I...."

"No, no, no, you can't close your eyes right now. Look at me, Chloe!" Beca wailed.

Chloe went limp in her arms and the rest of the Bellas woke up to find Beca sobbing into Chloe's hair wishing it was all just a bad dream.