Somewhere in between... (Chapter 1)

"Your move sister" Rin said to her twin sister Luna.

The two sister's were playing what seemed to be a friendly game of chess one of the rooms in a lavish mansion. The rectangle room had a wooden floor and plain grey walls. There was a low table in the middle of the room  and a cushion on either side of it where the two siblings were sitting. On either side of both of them, were a pair of mirrors. One of them had a black frame with a white jewel at the bottom of it while the other mirror across from it was completely the opposite with a white frame and a black jewel at the bottom of it.

"Alright but stop pressuring me!" Luna replied

The two girls looked very different and most people couldn't probably tell at first glance that they were even related at all. Rin had straight blond hair that fell down to just below her shoulders if she didn't wear her hair up into her signature twin buns on top of her head. She wore an elegant white summer dress with a black satin belt that perfectly matched the black bows in her hair. Meanwhile, Luna had wavy black hair that fell to her waist with a headband made out of pearls. She wore a dress like her sister that was black with a white satin belt. Basically the only features that the two had in common were their emerald green eyes and pale complexion. The two were very different personality wise too and were basically the opposite of each other with the exception their love of winning and their love for each other (even though that won't admit it themselves).

"Checkmate! I win once again sister." Rin said in a bragging voice to Luna.

"WHAT? DID YOU CHEAT? I CALL A REMATCH!" Luna said in frustration that she beaten.

"Now, now sister, you know all too well that we shouldn't interfere with the progress of everything. I mean we have come too far to interfere" Rin exclaimed

"Yes sister, I know so you don't have to act like my superior. Besides, I'm 13 seconds older than you so technically I should be doing that snarky voice to you." Luna snapped back in annoyance

Rin couldn't think of a good response to that so she just left the room in silence.

Luna, still annoyed went over to her black framed mirror and looked into it. Like most mirrors, she saw her reflection in it. Then she pressed the white jewel at the bottom and the image in the mirror rippled.

"Earth world" Luna stated facing the mirror

The picture of her in the mirror was now gone and in its place was a bustling city on top of hill in the mountainous region known as Yamoton. It was named after the famous explorer James Yamoton who discovered the area when he was 25 years old and earned the "best climber in the land" title a year after that . Unfortunately he died trying to climb Mount Impossible 52 years ago. No one has tried to climb it ever since. But I'm getting ahead of myself, let's go back to the main story.

Luna explored around for a bit until she came  upon a certain person. She was the average height for a 14 year old and had dark brown hair that stoped at her shoulder blades and green eyes. She walked out of a building which seemed to be an ice cream parlor. She happily was talking to some of her friends completely unaware that someone was watching her. That girl was named Emily Starlight.

Luna had started observing the girl for a while now. She was intrigued by her talent to quickly analyze a situation and figure out a solution in an instant. She had a special talent along with a few other people that Luna had been secretly observing for a while now seeing if they were a good fit for a "game"  that she was planning. All she had to do was wait for the right time to come. Of course her sister would scold her if she told her the plan she was making so she didn't bother telling her and keeping it a secret. She then heard footsteps coming towards the room she was in and quickly pressed the white jewel to shut off the mirror.

"Sister, dinner is ready" Rin stated as she opened the door to the room.

"Yes I am coming sister. I just want to observe our creations just for a bit longer." Luna answered back.

"Okay fine, but don't take too long"

"Okay"

***************
(A/N): Hello I'm the writer and I just want to thank you for reading so far. I hope you enjoy my writing but if you don't feel free to comment some suggestions on how to improve it! But for now bai!