Outlaws (Chapter 13)

We ran faster than either of us ever had before.

"I command you to stop!" yelled the bulky officer at us while attempting to catch up.

We ran off into the forest after the 9th building roof we ran over.

"Did we lose them?" asked Nick while gasping for air.

"Yeah I think. Also... WOULD ANYONE WANT TO EXPLAIN FOR ME HOW WE EVEN ENDED UP HERE!" Scarlet frustrating yelled.

"You mean you don't remember?" I asked.

"Of course not! If I did why would I be asking you!?!" snapped back Scarlet.

"Long story short, it was a full moon and you turned in a werewolf and destroyed most of town and killed 4 people. You also attacked Nick and I unintentionally did a spell to put you both to sleep." I said leaving out my encounter with the 2 members of one of our rival team paying a visit to me.

"I...I did all of this?" Scarlet looked like she had just seen a ghost.

"Hey are you okay?" Nick asked as Scarlet sat on a rock and just stared at the floor mortified of what she done.

Our necklaces started glowing like they did the day before and once again a the voice of the death goddess came from it.

"Hello again! Team Crystal has impressively gotten another kill. There are now 2 members remaining in team sphinx. Team emerald eye has wiped out team thorn completely. There are now only 9 teams left. You better step it up other teams! Good luck and good bye."

Emerald eye? Isn't that Leo's team? They must be monsters to be able to wipe out a an entire team all at once!

"Hey are you okay?" asked Nick snapping his fingers in front of my face to get me to snap out of my daze. "Hey! Hey! Earth to Emily! Are you there?"

"Yeah, yeah. I'm here." I said as I snapped out of my thinking. "What did you say before?"

"I was saying we are all basically criminals now since we ran from the police with someone who broke a law" he scoffed in annoyance as if it were obvious.

"What are we gonna do till then! It's not like we can pretend to be 'normal' people here since they will probably arrest us on site." I rambled.

"I have an idea." said Scarlet out of the blue.

"Ok we'll help" I said.

For the next 2 hours or so we worked on Scarlet's big idea.

"Done!" she exclaimed as she finished the last stitch on a leafy cloak. She happily handed it to me.

"Since when did you know how to sew?" I questioned her as I tried on my cloak.

"Well you never asked. I learned from my butler a few years ago" said Scarlet proudly.

"Hey! Where's my awesome cloak?" complained Nick like a child.

"You already have one since you are already a tree elf! All I have to do is stick a few large leaves on it to change it so it's not recognizable." responded Scarlet.

"Are you sure these cloaks will hide our identities?" I asked out if paranoia.

"Yes I am sure. Just keep your hoods on and everyone will just assume that you are just some tree elves stopping for some supplies." said Scarlet back to her usual self.

"Wait don't you need one for yourself?" Nick asked noticing there were only two cloaks between the three friends.

"I'm going to make it while you guys get supplies for us so we don't starve, freeze, or dehydrate to death for the next two days!" exaggerated Scarlet as she threw over her wallet full of tiny gold, silver, and copper coins to me.

We reluctantly left Scarlet by herself praying she wouldn't have another "incident" when we weren't around.

We stepped into town with our cloak hoods covering most of our face from the people around us holding our breath hoping no one would recognize us and luckily no one did. But on the way to the closest store that was still in tact after what happened, we stopped at a wanted poster that had a 100 gold reward for our capture.

"This poster kind of looks like the ones that they have in the Wild West movies, huh?" said Nick trying to lighten my mood that had diminished as I saw the poster.

"Yeah" I muttered back.

We walked in silence for the rest of the way to the store. We got tents, fire making potions, and some food and water.

When we got back to our pretty well hidden hideout, Scarlet had a beaming smile on her face and shoved her newly made flowery cloak towards us to look at her handy work.

"Nice cloak!" said Nick.

"Yeah." I said in a monotone voice now that my spirits were down after seeing the posters.

"They are over here! Surround the perimeter!" yelled a voice from somewhere in the trees.

**************
(A/N): OMG THANK YOU FOR THE 100 VIEWS. I AM SO HAPPY AND I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Anyway bai!

 I AM SO HAPPY AND I JUST WANT TO THANK YOU GUYS SO MUCH! I hope you are enjoying the story so far! Anyway bai!