chapter 2

The Vampire was too shocked to say or do anything, he just let The Huntress drag him down an alley way, not resisting at all. The Huntress stopped at the end of the alley and pointed to the latter on the wall that lead up to the roof of the building. The Vampire looked at the latter then back to The Huntress, he shrugged his shoulders at The Huntress, she rolled her eyes and started climbing up the latter and over the side of the building, she looked back over the ledge down to The Vampire and motioned for him to climb up. The Vampire stared at The Huntress for a moment before grabbing hold of the latter and climbing up. The Vampire had no idea why he was following The Huntress, she could kill him with a flick of her wrist, what was he thinking, he was too lost in his own thoughts to notice that The Huntress had once again grabbed his hand and was leading him across the roof of the building. The Huntress stopped at the edge of the building at pointed out across the sleeping village.

 The Vampire was confused for a second before The Huntress pointed to his mark and back out into the night. The Vampire looked in the direction she was pointed and saw the palace in the distance, its towers reaching into the sky glittering in the frigid night, the moon hung high in the night sky, right over the ominous building The Vampire called home.  The Vampire looked over at The Huntress again, she was staring out at the palace her eyes glistened in the darkness like two stars. The Vampire looked back out over the village.

 “Yes, I live there” The Vampire said, The Huntress jumped and went to grab her sword from her back, but right before she touched it, she stopped herself and drew her hand away, back down to her side The Vampire let out a sigh of relief. The Huntress looked over to The Vampire again and nodded, she grabbed The Vampires hand again and led him toward the ledge of the building. She released his hand and jumped from one roof to the next, she looked over her shoulder at The Vampire and nodded her head, telling him to follow, The Vampire did as she ask and they jumped from one building to the next until The Huntress stopped. The Vampire almost ran into her, he looked over at her and found her staring at something in front of them, he turned to look and found the palace gates a few feet ahead of them, then The Vampire understood what The Huntress had been doing all this time, she had been leading The Vampire back home. She jumped down off the roof and stared up at him, waiting for him to follow, The Vampire jumped to the ground and walked behind her as they approached the guards that guarded the gates to the palace.

When the guards saw The Vampire and The Huntress coming they held up there spears hissing in warning, The Vampire hissed back and The Huntress went to grab her swords, The Vampire grabbed her hand away from the weapons, her head snapped in his direction, The Vampire shook his head.

“Don’t, let me talk to them, I think you need to meet my father, there are people after you, they want to use you for your power, they want to turn you into a monster, into something that only they can control, only chaos would come if our enemy got ahold of you and your power.” The Vampire said, The Huntress stared at him for a few moments, scanning him with her eyes, trying to find any hint of a lie. After a few moments she nodded and put her hand back at her side and followed The Vampire up to the guards.

As they got closer the guards hissing became silent and they started moving toward them, The Huntress was tensed, ready to fight, but she listened to The Vampire and did not grab her weapons, yet. The Vampire stepped in front of The Huntress and pulled off the hood of his jacket, his white blond hair falling into his striking silver eyes, the guards gasped and dropped their weapons and quickly bowed to The Vampire.

“I am Prince Lucas” The Vampire announced to the guards, The Huntress stood behind him shocked. This was the next king, what was he doing out of the palace at night The Huntress wondered.

“Did you fulfill your mission your majesty” the guard asked. Mission? The Huntress wondered, was he hunting that rogue?  

“I did not kill the rogue” The Prince paused “but he is dead, The Huntress killed it, and now I wish to take her to my father so we may talk about what must be done to protect The Huntress” The Prince said, calmly looking at the guards as they stared in shock at The Huntress. They looked back at The Prince and nodded quickly before opening the gates. The Prince looked back at The Huntress and smiled kindly.

“Come now Huntress, I only wish to take you to my father so you may speak with him and find a way to keep you safe, there are many things you do not know that we must tell you” saying that, The Prince walked through the gates, The Huntress stared in shock for a few moments before following The Prince into her worst nightmare.

vote

comment

Hope you liked it