chapter 6

A vampire scurried through the palace, his brown hair flying behind him as he rushed to the ballroom, when he entered the room he found Prince Lucas and the king standing there waiting for The Huntress. He shivered as he prepared to tell them what a maid had found when she went into The Huntresses room to wake her for breakfast this morning.

 “Your majesty’s” the vampire greeted bowing slightly.

 “How is everything Markus” the king asked.

 “Well, um, there’s a slight problem” Markus said, and watched as anger and confusion crossed the kings face as well as Prince Lucas’s, but he also saw worry in the princes eyes.

“What has happened” the king asked stiffly, trying to control his anger.

 “Um, well, a maid came and told me that when she went to wake The Huntress this morning she found that The Huntress had disappeared, it appears as if she left last night, nothing was touched in the room except the window she used to escape, we have searched the palace for her and found nothing, we talked to the guards and it seems as if a cart full of seeds went out of the palace last night to sell at the village, we think she somehow snuck into the cart and found her way back into the village, she may be anywhere by now, I am very sorry” Markus rushed out and cowered as he waited for his punishment, but it never came. He looked over at the king to find him staring at the prince, who was shaking with fury as he watched Markus cower in front of them.

 “How can you lose one girl overnight, didn’t we have guards who were supposed to watch her” he asked, his voice tight with anger, Markus nodded.

 “We did, but she never left her room, and it seems as if none of the guards heard anything out of the ordinary in the room, the door wasn’t even locked” Markus said as the prince paced the length of the large ballroom.

 “We have to look for her, we have to find her, if we don’t we have no idea what the rogues will do to her” Prince Lucas said, the king put his hands on Prince Lucas’s shoulders.

 “We have to remain calm, we cannot force her to come back to the palace, if we do then she will not cooperate, and if she doesn’t cooperate then we will  have no use for her, we cannot cage a wild spirit like hers, let her be free, if she does not come back to us willingly then we will search for her and watch her from afar to insure her safety, but we cannot force her to work with us, if we push too hard the next thing we know she will be our enemy, be calm and we will see if she returns, understood” the king asked, Prince Lucas nodded his head.

 “But there’s one thing you don’t understand father” Prince Lucas said, his voice shaking ever so slightly.

 “What is that son” the king asked.

 “She is my beloved” Prince Lucas said with a fierce look in his eyes “and I will not let her leave me side, she is mine, and she will be unharmed, and she will be safe, I will keep her safe through this war” he continued.

 “But son, remember she is our only hope at winning, she will have to fight, she will have to train our warriors, and she will have to be turned” the king said grimly.

 “I understand father” Prince Lucas said “I know I will have to turn her, and I know she will fight, but I will protect her with everything I have” he said, the king sighed.

 “Just don’t break her spirit son, she is a wild and free spirit, don’t break such a beautiful and fragile thing” the king said, and with that he walked out of the ballroom, leaving Prince Lucas alone with his thoughts.

vote

comment