chapter 10

Chapter 10

“Well my dear, since you have decided to talk to us I think I will explain” the king teased, The Huntresses hand tightened on the dagger.

“I only speak to you because I have no choice, now, you may continue, or I can leave and take my chances in the cities with the rogues” she said as she started to stand, but Prince Lucas was out of his chair and by her side before she could blink, he pushed her back into the chair and stood behind her, putting his hands on her shoulders, keeping her pinned to the chair, she flinched at the weight on her shoulders and tried to throw his hands off her, but he growled and clamped them onto her harder making her hiss in pain, there would be bruises on her shoulders tomorrow, she thought.

            “Now, will you listen” the king asked from his seat, she stayed silent as she stared at the king, her eyes turning icy blue as she wiped herself of any emotion she felt, she shut down, not feeling anything as the king continued to talk as if she had answered him.

“You see dear, you are very special, the only full blooded hunter alive and you do not harm vampires under my rule, you are skilled and deadly, all vampires fear you. There is a war coming, a big war, and if we do not prepare for this war we will die, and the humans and vampires will be thrown back into the dark ages, but the thing I think will interest you most is if the rogues win, all the hunters will be killed, even you, I propose a treaty between humans and vampires, we will fight side by side in this war and win, all we need you to do is cooperate with us, and if we spread the word that you are on our side, vampires will come to be trained by you and will fight with us, you just need to train the new cadets and fight with us when the  war begins, can you do that” the king asked. The Huntresses ice blue eyes softened ever so slightly, then hardened again.

 “I will, if…you let me be free, I can leave and enter the palace as I please, you cannot trap me here, and I can keep hunting rogues in the city” she said, her eyes narrowing at the king, he nodded.

 “You are free to come and go as you please, but you must be on time for training, after all, you will be the one training us” he said, a smirk gracing his face as he stared at The Huntress, she nodded, the king stood.

 “Good, now I think my son has some things to talk with you about, if you will excuse me I will start spreading the word so that the vampires may start their journey here” he said as he walked out of the room.

Now it was just The Huntress and Prince Lucas, he sighed and let go of The Huntresses shoulders and walked to sit in front of her. She refused to look at him as he began talking.

  “Thank you for your help with the war” he said, she stayed silent and stared at the old wooden table in front of her, gripping her dagger harder and harder as the longer the silence went on.

 “Are you not going to speak to me now” Prince Lucas asked, venom dripping from his voice. The Huntress looked up to see his eyes flash between there silver color to red and back again, he was close to losing control.

 “Well it does not matter if you speak or not, I will speak, and you will listen” he said as he leaned across the table toward The Huntress, she leaned back, her hands itching to pull the dagger out from under the table and throw it at him, she felt threatened in his presence, and she didn’t like it.

“You will fight with us, but you will not leave my side during the fight, you will stay with me, anywhere I go you will go, you will never leave my side” he demanded. The Huntress glared at him as he continued.

 “You are mine, and I will not let you out of my sight, I must know where you are at all times” he said.

 “What do you mean, I’m yours” The Huntress said, anger and fear laced her voice as she watched Prince Lucas lean back in the chair and smirk.

 “Just as I said, you are mine, you are my beloved” he said. The Huntresses eyes widened, she shook her head, the princes eyes flashed again.

 “You. Are. Mine.” He growled, she shook her head again.

 “I am not something to be owned, I am a person, not an object, you can’t own me” she said, her voice rising. Prince Lucas growled, his eyes turned red as he stood and grabbed her before she knew what happened, he gripped her wrist as she tried to slap him, his grip tightened, she couldn’t move, her wrist was going to break if he tightened his grip anymore.

 “Let me go” she hissed, his eyes locked with hers, she tried to look away from the hell fire burning in his eyes, but she couldn’t, she was paralyzed with pain. Finally he released his grip on her wrist, she tried to pull her dagger up to stab him but he dodged her and grabbed her around her neck, his grip squeezed all the air out of her lungs and refused to let any more in. She gasped, trying to get air into her lungs, her vision was becoming hazy, as she lost consciousness she saw Matthew walk into the room, as he saw us his face paled and he started running toward them. The Huntress felt Prince Lucas’s grip leave her neck and she fell to the floor, she heard screaming then felt someone lift her into their arms before succumbing to the darkness that reached up to greet her. 

She drifted in and out of consciousness, sometimes she would wake to see Matthew standing over her, gently lifting her cloth to see her neck, the next time she woke Prince Lucas was sitting by her bed, he stared at her, tears streaming down his face, he opened his mouth to say something but she fell back into the welcome darkness. The darkness always claimed her, it had claimed her mother when she was five, and she lost her father to a vampire when she was ten, by that age she was able to kill most rogues she found, when she turned eleven she left the small town she grew up in and began traveling the world. There was nothing left of her old life, she had no family to come back home to, she was now on her own, and she quickly learned how cold and unforgiving the darkness was, how dark and silent and deadly it was if you weren’t careful. The world is not the same once the sun goes down, once its warmth has left the earth, the creatures of the night come out to play.

hope you liked it!!!!

vote

comment