chapter 15

The Huntress awoke gasping for breath, she sat up in the large bed, confused, how did she get here? She jumped when she heard someone banging on her door, she slid out of bed and grabbed one of her daggers from the bedside table, and slowly walked to the door, the banging stopped for a moment, she thought that she had imagined banging and started to walk away, until a voice broke through the door.

 “Huntress, what’s wrong, I heard your heartbeat start to race, are you alright” Prince Lucas asked from the other side of the door. The Huntress sighed, remembering all that happened yesterday, she leaned against the door, her strength leaving her, Prince Lucas banged on the door again, gaining her attention.

 “I’m fine Prince” she said, he sighed.

 “Please let me in, I want to see you, your heart is racing with fear, please, let me” he pleaded. The Huntress looked around the room, noticing a clock she had not seen earlier, it said it was six thirty in the morning, she sighed again.

 “No, I have to get ready for training, and so do you” she said, Prince Lucas huffed.

 “I understand, but I will be back to show you to the training room” he said. The Huntress didn’t answer, and after a few seconds Prince Lucas left, leaving her to get ready for her fight.

She rushed to the closet and grabbed some clothes, then went to shower, she opened the beautiful blue glass door and hopped into the warm water, she washed quickly and dress in some black jeans and a black t-shirt, she slipped on her old combat boots and pulled her hair up into its usual elegant bun, she went to grab her hood but stopped herself, she said she would stop hiding, and she kept her word. She threw the hood back into the closet and closed the door. She strapped on her waist arsenal and put a knife in each of her boots, she left her swords in the room and walked over to the door, when she pulled it open she found Prince Lucas standing on the other side, waiting for her, she sighed.

 “Are you ready” he asked, she nodded her head and tried to walk past him, but he had other ideas. He reached out and grabbed her arm, making her turn toward him, she glared at him, he sighed and let her go.

 “I’m sorry, but I’m trying to control myself, I don’t want you to get hurt, and knowing that you’re going off to fight is not setting well with me, just promise that after the fights today, you will let me stay by your side, please don’t push me away” he pleaded. The Huntress stared at him for a few moments, not knowing how to answer. She had never leaned on anyone for help, she had been on her own for so long. Asking for help was something she never did, she gave people help, she never asked for any, she stared at Prince Lucas, his silver eyes seemed to stare straight into her soul. She sighed, knowing she couldn’t tell him no.

 “You may stay, but please, give me time, I’m not used to people helping me, and I still don’t know if I can truly trust you” she said turning away from him. He wrapped her in him arms and pulled her back to his chest.

 “I will always be here” he whispered, she tensed, unsure of what to do, she didn’t feel threatened by him, but she was supposed to. He was a royal vampire, the strongest of his kind, why did he treat her with such gentleness, she shook her head.