chapter 12

Chapter 12

The Huntress sat up in the bed her, neck was burning, but it was bearable. She pulled the sheet back and sung her legs over the side of the bed and stared at the door. Her tears were dry, but her eyes were probably red and puffy, she sighed and cradled her head in  her hands. The door slowly creaked open, The Huntress looked up to see a small older lady walk into the room, her gray hair was pulled up into a tight bun at the top of her head, her small, five foot three frame was dressed in a simple flowered dress that reached her feet and a white apron, she looked up to The Huntress with her kind brown eyes and smiled.

            “Hello, I’m Lucy, I am here to take you to your room and show you around the palace today” she said as she came to The Huntresses side and inspected her ripped and dirty clothes.

            “My dear, we need to get your something else to wear, come on, come now, we must get going” she said as she walked quickly to the door. The Huntress smiled as she watched the woman scurry around, she was quicker than she looked. The Huntress stood from the bed and started walking down the hall after Lucy, as she turned the corner The Huntress had to jog around the corner to keep her in sight, they walked across the grand ballroom and up the stairs as she had the first night, but when then got to the top of the stairs Lucy turned in the opposite direction from the room she had entered her fist night here. She sighed as she followed the woman down the hallway, they turned another corner to find four doors lining the hall, it was a short dead-end hallway with two rooms on one wall, and two on the other. Lucy walked up to the second door on the left and opened it, disappearing behind it. The Huntress stood out in the hallway, unsure of what to do, should she follow the woman or run now. She was pulled from her thoughts when the old lady stuck her head out from around the door.

            “Come now, this is your room my dear” she said with a small smile. The Huntress slowly made her way around the door and walked into the room, she stood frozen by the door as Lucy rushed around the room, out one door and into another. The Huntress scanned the room. she found herself liking the room, it was a lot better than the old motel rooms she stayed in, she didn’t have much money, but she always had enough for food and shelter, that’s all she really thought she needed, but as she looked around the room, she realized that she barely had anything, she never thought about all the things everyone always had, or all the pretty dresses all the other girls wore. She always thought it was better to blend into the back ground, “don’t be noticed, that only brings trouble” that’s what her father said. They never had much, but they still had a home and a family, “that’s all you need” her mother would say. Her mother, she thought, her mother was just a hazy memory, she sighed, thinking of her family always brought back good memories, but with the good came the bad. She shook her head, not liking where her thoughts were going. As Lucy rushed out of the room, The Huntress watched her leave the room, she rushed back in with a flustered look on her face.

 “I have to go get you some bath salts, I will return shortly” she said before once again rushing out of the room. The Huntress still didn’t move from the door, she scanned the room again, looking for any threats.

The walls of the room were silver, the floor was a dark rich colored hard wood with a plush silver rug spread across the floor, on the rug sat a coffee colored couch and a coffee table made of the same wood as the flooring, across from table there were two chairs that matched the couch perfectly, to the left of the living area was a door, another door was to the right of the chairs, she narrowed her eyes, what was behind those doors, she wondered, she looked behind her to see if Lucy had came back yet, hearing no noise from the hall she walked over to the door on the right. She pushed the brown door open to find a large king sized bed sitting in the middle of the room with red sheets, a little dresser stood to the left of the bed with a lamp on top of it, she looked to the right of the bed to see yet another door. She walked over to the door and pulled it open, she gasped, it was a walk in closet full of clothes, to one side she found black tops and pants, perfect for hunting, and an assortment of dresses and heels hung from gold hangers on the other side of the closet. Her eyes widened, what was all this, she didn’t need this. She slammed the door and ran back out to the living area, her breathing heavy as she looked at the other door she had yet to enter, she took a deep breath and put her hand on the gold knob of the door and pushed it open. What she saw behind the door took her breath away, on the other side of the door was an amazing bath with a huge tub filled with warm water and roses, to the left was a shower with a glass door, the pattern on the blue glass made it look as if water was running down the sides of the walls, a mirror was hung over a blue granite counter top with a blue sink sitting on top of it, the spout and knobs of the room were blue glass roses. She gasped when she heard someone behind her, she turned to see Lucy staring at her with tears in her eyes. She straitened from her crouched position by one of the glass roses and faced Lucy, not sure what to do her, tears streamed down Lucy’s face.

 “I’m sorry dear, I just I don’t know what’s gotten into me” she said, shaking her head as she wiped her tears away. The Huntress shook her head and slowly approached Lucy and gently wrapped the old lady in a hug. Lucy sobbed as she hugged The Huntress back, The Huntress tightened her grip on the old lady.

 “It’s ok” she whispered, Lucy pulled away and stared at her in shock.

 “You can speak” she said amazed. The Huntress nodded watching Lucy closely.

 “I’m sorry for the water works dear, but you just remind me of my little girl, she was killed by a rogue” Lucy whispered. The Huntresses eyes blackened with anger, Lucy’s eyes widened.

 “So the legends are true, you are a pure blooded hunter” The Huntress nodded.

 “Are you ok” she asked, Lucy nodded.

 “I’m fine, don’t worry about me, I have your salts, let me get your bath ready and then I will grab you some clothes” she said as she put the salts down and walked out to get The Huntress some clothes.

The Huntress stared at the water, she would have to take her hood off, and she didn’t like the thought of showing her face to anyone in the palace. Lucy walked back in and saw The Huntress staring at the water.

 “It’s ok, I know you don’t want to take off that hood, there are more hoods in the closet, and you can lock the door so no one comes in, I will leave you be so you may bathe and dress, after you dress I must show you around the palace, and show you to the training area, so you may meet the warriors and new vampires you will be training starting tomorrow” Lucy said, as she walked out of the room.

 “I will be in the living area if you need anything” she said.

 “Wait” The Huntress said, Lucy turned back to her.

 “Don’t you have other chores, I don’t want to get you in trouble for staying with me” The Huntress said, afraid of what the vampires would do if she didn’t do her work. Lucy just smiled.

 “I am your personal maid, Prince Lucas assigned me to you” she said before shutting the bathroom door behind her. 

The Huntress undress and tossed her old clothes in a pile in the corner of the bathroom and slowly sunk down into the warm rose scented water, her long, midnight black hair flowed around her, she sighed, finally being able to breathe in without the hindrance of the cloth in front of her nose. After she sat there for a few minutes she started to wash her hair and body, then stepped out and wrapped herself in a plush white towel, she quickly dried and dressed in the clothes Lucy had brought for her; a black tank with a black long sleeve lace overlay and black jeans, she put on her old combat boots instead of the black flats, not liking the flimsy shoe, it gave her no protection, she once again wrapped her head in a black hood, hiding her dark hair and face, she threw on a black leather jacket and walked out of the bathroom. Lucy stood from the chair she had been sitting on and nodded to her, then started walking out of the door towards the training area, where she would meet her new cadets.

please vote for my story thank you! :)