chapter 21

Chapter 21

The Huntress stood in front of the full length mirror staring at an unknown stranger with long, waist length midnight black hair pulled back into a braid, her eyes were dark blue, a sign of her sadness, her eyes traveled lower to the dress, it was a long sleeveless navy blue gown with silver glitter woven throughout the dress, so when I moved it looked like little stares blinking in the night. The look was finished off by a pair of silver glitter stilettos, The Huntress turned away from the mirror to face Lucy.

 “What do you think” The Huntress asked, Lucy smiled at her.

“You look lovely, I’m sure Prince Lucas will come running back to you” she said, The Huntress frowned.

 “How did you know about that” she asked, Lucy smiled.

 “I’m a good friend of The King, he told me about Clair and how she was back again.”

“Again” The Huntress asked, Lucy nodded.

 “Yes, again, she was once someone that was around often, but after the eldest son went rogue she was seen around less and less, she used to be glued to the eldest sons side, I think she only wanted the power that came with dating him, and once he left so did she, but after it was announced that Prince Lucas was to take the throne, Clair came back and sank her nails into The Prince. He never turned her away, but he never promised her anything, after he said he would never give anyone but his beloved the throne, she left, but I guess she came back, what a pity” Lucy said shaking her head, she looked back over to THE Huntress, her face serious.

“I will say one thing, I have never seen The Prince look at anyone the way he looks at you, he loves you, anyone can see that” she said, then she smiled.

 “Come come, your escort will be here any second” and as if on cue there was a knock on the door, Lucy laughed.

 “See” she said as she went and opened the door. On the other side of the door stood Markus in a pair of black dress pants and a dark green button up shirt, his kind brown eyes stared at The Huntress in awe,

 “You look very nice Huntress” Markus said.

 “Thank you, you don’t look to bad yourself” The Huntress answered, Markus nodded in thanks and cleared his throat.

 “Shall we” he asked, stepping aside so the Huntress could walk past him,

 “We shall” she said as she walked out of the door.

 “I will be in my chambers if you are in need of anything” Lucy called from The Huntresses door.

 “Thank you” The Huntress called back before linking her arm through Markus’s and walking down the hall toward the steps of the ballroom.

When they reached the top of the stairs there was a man standing there announcing  people as they walked in, there was one person standing by the doors down by the main entrance and one standing at the top of the stairs where they were. The Huntress slowed her walk, unsure of what to do.