chapter 8

The Huntress walked through the dark silent streets of the city, checking over her should every few seconds to see if she was being followed or not, her hand always resting on the hilt of her dagger. As the palace gates came into view she shivered, she really had no idea why she came, she shouldn’t be here, Prince Lucas and his family is dangerous, why would she come back, why would she enter the gates of the palace knowing she felt something for the prince, why would she walk right into the temptation of darkness, because she’s curious and stupid, she thought to herself, as she walked up to the gates the guards raised their weapons.

 “Who are you, why are you here” one of the guards asked, his dirty blond hair tied back in a ponytail so you could see his glowing hazel eyes. The Huntress stepped out of the shadows revealing herself to the guards, they both gasped as they saw who was standing in front of them, their hands shaking on their spears as they stared at the woman before them.

 “You’re The Huntress, aren’t you” the blond guard said, The Huntress nodded her head, the guards lowered their weapons and stared at her for a moment longer before the blond guard stepped forward. The Huntress tensed ready to attack if needed, the blond guard slowly placed his spear on the ground then looked over to the other guard and nodded, the guard lowered his weapon to the ground to.

 “I’m Jason, we will not harm you” Jason said, slowly coming closer to The Huntress, she hissed, warning him to stay back. Jason nodded and stepped back, then looked over to the other guard who stood frozen to his spot in fear, his long black hair braided down his back, and his black eyes shined with fear as he watched The Huntress. Jason cleared his throat to gain the guards attention, finally the guard shook his head as if to clear it and stepped forward.

 “I am Dane, it’s nice to meet you” Dane said nervously, The Huntress nodded at him then turned her attention back to Jason and tilted her head to the side, wondering when they were going to let her through, shrugging thinking she had no other choice she began to walk forward toward the closed gates of the palace, Jason and Dane jumped in front of her, causing her to reach for her dagger on instinct, but she once again stopped herself and placed her hands at her sides, then stared silently at the two guards.

 “We can’t let you walk through the palace by yourself, let Dane go get someone to show you where the king and his son are, he’ll only be a minute” Jason said as Dane walked past us and pushed through the gates and into the palace in search of someone to help. He walked down the red and gold hallways until he saw Markus walking out of the kitchen.

 “Hey Markus, The Huntress is outside the gates, you need to show here where the king and his son are” Dane said, he watched as the color drained from Markus’s face.

 “What” he asked.

 “The Huntress is outside the gates, are you ok” Dane asked, Markus stared at Dane for a few minutes before nodding.

 “Yes, I’m fine, let us to see The Huntress, shall we” Markus asked, Dane nodded and they walked back out of the palace to the gates, where The Huntress stood waiting for them.

Markus hesitated outside the gate as he stared at The Huntress, her blood covered clothes and striking orange and yellow eyes, she nodded at him, he bowed to her trying to hide his fear, as he straightened back up he noticed that she wasn’t moving, she stood still, as if she was afraid to move to suddenly in fear of scaring us away.

 “If you will follow me my lady, I will show you to the king” Markus said as he began walking to the palace, he looked back to find The Huntress trailing silently behind him, he sighed as he walked up the stairs to the kings throne room, he stopped right outside the door and turned to The Huntress.

 “You stay here, I will introduce you, then you may enter” Markus said, The Huntress nodded and Markus pushed one of the gold doors open to peep into the throne room. The king sat in his throne staring at his son as he paced the length of the room, Markus cleared his throat, gaining their attention.

 “Your majesties, I have someone who wishes to see you” he said calmly, the king nodded.

 “Tell them to come in” he said. Markus nodded then looked back at The Huntress, she nodded and walked into the throne room right after Markus.

 “Your majesty, The Huntress wishes to talk to you” after Markus had introduced who had just walked into the throne room Prince Lucas froze mid pace and snapped his head in The Huntresses direction, his eyes found The Huntresses and he rushed to her side, grabbing her by the upper arms and pulling her to him. The king looked over at Markus.

 “You may leave, Markus, thank you for your services” he said, Markus bowed before leaving the throne room. Prince Lucas pulled back from the hug but still had a firm grip on The Huntresses upper arms as he scanned her face and body, looking at her ripped black jeans and blood covered shirt, he hissed, his eyes flashing red for a split second before returning back to their original color.

 “What happened to you, why did you leave” Prince Lucas asked, anger and worry laced his voice as he once again brought The Huntress into a crushing hug, she squirmed and tried to break free of his hold, but it was useless, she was too weak, and if she was honest with herself, she didn’t really want to be away from him, but she couldn’t think like that. He was a vampire, and not just any vampire, but a royal vampire, even if he loved her, or even liked her, they could never be together, ever.

“Huntress, mind telling us why you disappeared last night” the king asked as Prince Lucas finally let her go, she looked up at the king on his throne and shrugged, he chuckled.

 “Come now Huntress, I know you can speak” he said, The Huntress turned to Prince Lucas and glared through her cloth, he didn’t even flinch.

 “Well” the king asked. The Huntress huffed but made no other sound, the king sighed.

 “Fine, son, please go get her some paper and a pencil, and bring lots of paper, something tells me she has a lot to say” the king said, The Huntress nodded. Prince Lucas left the room to grab some paper and was back before The Huntress could take one step toward the throne, she sighed and took the paper and pen from Prince Lucas and looked around trying to find something to wright on, she huffed when she found nothing and turned to look at the king, he nodded.

 “We will continue this conversation in the library” he said as he got up from his throne and started walking toward the doors on the left side of the room.

As they walked into the library The Huntress gasped, the room was amazing, the old oak wood tables stretched across the center of the room, and the bookcases ran from floor to ceiling, a ladder was leaning up against the shelves so you could reach the books higher up. The smell of old paper and ink filled The Huntresses nose as she inhaled, some of the books looked to be over thousands of years old, the paper yellowed with time, and the ink faded. She followed the king and Prince Lucas to one of the tables and sat down and began writing.

comment

vote

Please share this story!!!

thank you so much for reading :)