chapter 29

Chapter 29

The next morning Lucas woke up to find Lyric gone, the bed was still warm so he knew she had not been gone long. Lucas jumped out of bed, still in his clothes from yesterday he ran down the stairs, he froze at the bottom, on the other side of the room he saw Lyric talking with another woman, her long wavy brown hair was pulled back into a pony tail, the two girls turned when they heard him run down the stairs, as the woman's light green and brown eyes connected with his silver ones he sighed realizing that it was only a general from the vampire army, she would never harm the very person who had trained her. She trusted Lyric and would do anything to protect her if the need arise. Emma smiled at him then turned back to Lyric, as he walked closer to them he heard parts of their conversation, Emma was just briefing Lyric on what had happened while she was gone. Lyric stayed quite as she listened to Emma tell her all that Darren's army had been doing, but Lucas could see the disgusted look on her face, he came up behind her and wrapped her in his arms, Emma ignored him and continued to talk while Lyric rested her hands over his, she seemed more at ease with him today, but all of a sudden he felt her tense. Lucas snapped out of his daze and glared at Emma who had gone pale.

"What did you do" he growled, Emma flinched at his tone but didn't back down, she met his steel colored eyes with her green ones.

"I just told her of our little problem" she hissed her form vibrating with anger, Lucas sighed knowing that Emma had a very short temper and if you pushed her to far or hurt one of her friends she would end you without a second thought.

"I understand, but she has just returned home please do not put more stress on her" he said, Emma hissed again.

"She needs to know, I know she can handle it, she is strong, I know she can make it through this war" she said.

"I know she can make it through, I just want her in one piece at the end, not a broken shell of herself" Lucas hissed,

"STOP" Lyric yelled her voice echoing through the ballroom. Lucas and Emma flinched at her tone, she had never raised her voice at any of them.

"I'm sorry" Lucas said.

"Me as well, I should not have spoken out of term like that" Emma said with a small bow, Lyric smiled.

"Its fine, but that vampire that's been braking into the palace, you said his name was Glenn right" Lyric asked, Emma nodded.

"I see" Lyric mumbled.

"What is it" Lucas asked taking Lyrics hand, Emma stepped closer to them interest shining in her eyes she had always been the curious type.

"Nothing" Lyric said shaking her head.

"No its something" Emma said as she stepped even closer, Lucas hissed at her but she only flipped him off and leaned in closer, Lyric laughed, but it was silenced as soon as her eyes landed on something behind them, she gasped and backed away.

"No" she said shaking her head "your dead" she whispered her face pale with fear her eyes changing to a deep green color, showing her fear. Lucas and Emma turned to see a dark figure standing a few feet away from them. The vampire laughed.

"Well, as you see I'm not dead, in fact I'm better, and now I'm here to take my precious daughter to her death bed" he hissed, his eyes changing blood red as his anger was unleashed.

"Why" Lyric asked tears brimming in her eyes, her father smiled.

"Because you weren't supposed to live, that rogue was supposed to kill your mother, your sister, and you, but he didn't finish the job" he hissed, Lyric shook her head the tears becoming harder to hold back as she stared at the person she used to call her father.

"No" she whispered, Lucas hissed.

"If you want to take her then you will have to kill me first" he said stepping protectively in front of Lyric.

"Me too, you're not getting our princess without a fight" Emma said taking her place beside Lucas.

"As you wish" Glenn said before lunging at them, Emma and Lucas lunged at him at the same time taking Glenn to the ground, Lyric couldn't watch as the people she loved fought her own father, she ran, for the first time in her life she ran away from everything, she just wanted to be alone, alone, that was always the best, being alone meant no one could hurt you. She had no idea where she was going she just ran, after what felt like an eternity she stopped to catch her breath, she looked around and found herself in the middle of the forest, the tall dark trees surrounded her, shadows danced off the trees trunks as the moon shown above, the wind was cold and unforgiving as it brushed past her, chilling her to the bone, a twig snapped to her left, she turned to see nothing but another shadow, but this one stood and watched her, she backed away only to hear another twig snap behind her, she turned to see another shadow staring at her, she turned in a circle and saw four other shadows just standing there, staring at her with their soulless eyes that seemed to see everything inside you that you wish you could hide. She felt a presence behind her but before she could turn it grabbed her by the arms, holding her immobile as she heard a voice whisper in her ear.

"I am not as soulless as you think I am, but make no mistake...I will kill you and I will make it excruciatingly painful, but when you open your eyes and see the burning fires of hell you will think of me, you will miss me, but don't worry, I will follow you soon after and we can live eternity in the burning fire of hell" her father whispered as his fangs sank into her neck, she didn't fight, there was no reason to fight, this was the only way she could protect her people, if she lived then so would her father, and Darren would never cease his search for her, so dying seemed like the easiest option. She was no longer cold, fire raced through her veins as he drained her of her blood.

"No" she heard Lucas growl, she felt Glenn's fangs slide out of her neck as he dropped her onto the frozen earth, she lazily opened her eyes to see Lucas rip the head off her father, his gaze snapped hers, the fiery red color of his eyes drained away back into their glowing silver color. He dropped Glenn's head and ran to her side, he gently grabbed her face making her look him in the eyes.

"No, you will stay with me, I almost lost you once it will not happen again" he cried tears dripped down his face, Lyric smiled and touched his face one last time.

"I love you" she whispered weakly, then her eyes closed and her body went limp, Lucas buried his face in her hair and cried, he cried for the pain, the loss, and the anger he felt. Emma came out of the shadows silent tears made trails down her face as she watched the price cry over his beloved, she reached out and touched his shoulder, he jumped and pulled away hissing at her, she put her hands up in surrender.

"I am not here to hurt your beloved, but we must move her, she can't stay out here" she whispered her voice hoarse with grief, Lucas nodded.

"I should have turned her" he whispered slamming his fist into the ground making the trees around them shake in fear.

"There is still time" a voice said, Lucas looked up as his father walked into the moon light.

"No, there isn't, her heart no longer beats" Lucas said sadly.

"But blood still sits in her veins, you can still turn her" The King said, Lucas's head jerked up to look at his father hope shining in his eyes, The King nodded.

"I will prepare the room for the turning" he said before he blurred out of sight, Lucas stood with his dead beloved in his arms, he blurred past the forest leaving Emma behind to clean up his mess, he ran to the room his father had prepared and laid her down on the bed praying that this would work, he bit his wrist and pushed it up to her mouth, making her take his blood, after he was sure she had had enough he took his wrist back and stood, he undressed her and cleaned her of the blood and dirt from her body, he dressed her in a pair of black sweats pants and a tank top, he then laid her back on the bed and sighed. It would take a few days before she would wake, if she awokehe thought,he shook that thought out of his head, he had to think she would live, for his own sake as well as hers, but he knew if she didn't live through this he would end himself without a second thought.