chapter 17

Chapter 17

“You will never have to take care of yourself again, I will always be by your side” Prince Lucas whispered in The Huntresses ear, she shivered again, he chuckled.

 “Do you understand” he asked, she just nodded, he pulled away from her and took her hand, leading her over to the couch, after they had sat down Prince Lucas leaned back on the couch and closed his eyes, taking deep breaths.

 “Are you ok” The Huntress asked, her eyes changing from there icy blue color to a darker blue. Prince Lucas opened his eyes and lean in closer to her, examining her eyes, she stayed perfectly still, too afraid to move, she had heard about the second oldest son of The King, he was cold hearted and the most feared vampire in the world, no one knew what kind of powers he had, or how much control he had before he snapped. But when he was with her, she saw the kindness in him, the gentleness he had, when he was with her she saw emotion. Emotions that he never let anyone see, she thought back to the time when she was going in and out of consciousness, she had seen him sitting by her hospital bed with tears streaming down his face. He is capable of emotion, he just never lets anyone see it, he’s like her, he doesn’t want to look weak so he hides his emotions behind a calm mask. She was startled out of her thoughts by a hand resting on her cheek.

 “Where has your mind wandered Huntress” Prince Lucas asked, The Huntress shook her head, but Prince Lucas wasn’t letting her get away that easily, he gently grabbed her chin and made her look him in the eyes.

 “Tell me” he said gently, but she could still hear the command behind the soft spoken words.

“I was just thinking about how you hide all your emotions around other people, but when your around me, it’s like your mask comes off and I can see the real you” The Huntress whispered, pulling her chin from his hand and staring down at her feet.

“Why” she asked, causing Prince Lucas to tense.

“Why are you so nice to me, I don’t understand” she said shaking her head. Prince Lucas leaned closer to her wrapping his arms around her, pulling her into his lap.  She tensed, not knowing what to do, he kissed the back of her neck before answering her.

 “I never show emotion around people because if I do, they will use it against me” he sighed “the reason you can see through my mask is because you’re my beloved you’re my everything, I could never live without you” he said, running his nose up the side of her neck, making her shiver against him. He sighed.

 “We need to talk” he said, The Huntress nodded.

 “I will not let you leave me again” he growled, The Huntress tensed, but relaxed after a second, she turned her head to the side so she could somewhat see him.

 “I have no intention of leaving” she said, Prince Lucas smiled softly at her.

 “Good” he said as he ran his hands up and down her arms soothingly. The Huntress relaxed into his touch and leaned back onto his chest, Prince Lucas growled in approval. After a moment Prince Lucas spoke again.